Ex-Pat Club Meeting?

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

The Forum did have a xmas party some time ago from what I understand Tom helped to organize it and put up some money for the enjoyment of all . .As many members live on different islands I think you might find it difficult to get many together ,I have caught up with a couple of expats here in Cebu and have enjoyed the exchanges very much.There is a section on the forum where you can post who  wants to meet, just post there and see how many takers you get . If you organize a meeting in Cebu let the expats here know,i am sure you will get a few takers ,me included.

cheers

• Like 4

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Sounds good! Been doing a mental inventory of what I thought I might miss the most about home. Came to the conclusion, it will be talking with other men that I can relate to. I love my wife, but it can become work at times to overcome and communicate everything that is involved with being married to a Filipina. I find sometimes they are teenagers and sometimes they are grown woman. And it can be a full time job discerning which way to handle things from day to day. Not complaining, just stating the facts. So I have found that hanging with my buddies, mostly musicians, helps the stress of the relationship we all encounter, no matter where our wives and Gfs are from. I have found that Filipinas do a great job adjusting and tackling the learning curve that is required to pick up and move to another country. I also have found that because I'm twenty years older, that I may not adjust as well or maybe as easily is a better word. We get set in our ways and must learn and understand we are dealing with young woman with young dreams and aspirations, this is vital to the mechanics of this kind of relationship. Of course, that doesn't even take into account the cultural differences I have read about and experienced. So yea, I would miss having male friends to hang with and talk to. I'm a mild mannered person who is predictable, you know where I stand on things the moment you met me. I keep my nose clean and as Johnny Cash once so elegantly stated in song, " I walk the line".  I am a writer through and through, maybe not a great writer but, I get my point across better on paper than I do speaking most times, unless it's a song I've written. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
So I have found that hanging with my buddies,

Great topic to get out there Word @. You know when asked by my old friends back home what it is like here for us. One of the first things I tell them is that:

If you are the type that looks forward to meeting up with your buddies on Sunday morning to watch a football game, or just the type that enjoys stopping by at the local watering hole for a beer and a chat. Then the Philippines would probably not be the place to retire.

Like Inyo said, we are scattered among 7000 plus islands and traffic being what it is, we normally just don't jump in the car and scoot to the next town for a visit. I know every so often we will go to a party and there will be another expat, since we are at a social event and the chances of one or the other of us being a bad sort are nil, we usually fall together like long lost brothers. Talking the night away.

Great topic :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I moved this topic to where it belongs. Not every topic belongs in the chatterbox and lately I seem to be moving a lot from different forums. Please look at all the forum categories and choose what you think is best related to the topic before posting.

Now back to your regular viewing. 

tired&grumpy   :morning1:

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The Forum did have a xmas party some time ago from what I understand Tom helped to organize it and put up some money for the enjoyment of all . .As many members live on different islands I think you might find it difficult to get many together ,I have caught up with a couple of expats here in Cebu and have enjoyed the exchanges very much.There is a section on the forum where you can post who  wants to meet, just post there and see how many takers you get . If you organize a meeting in Cebu let the expats here know,i am sure you will get a few takers ,me included.

cheers

Well not Christmas parties but we had two get togethers I planned and attended as well as one other that a few guys had put together themselves. There are topics and pictures here on the forum.

• Like 4

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Sorry about procedural errors on my part, Not to sure of this contraption yet, all my contraptions have strings, they give me hell as well.  I'll get better eventually Boss man.  I just have a lot of questions I want answered before I get there and of course a little re-assurance that everything is going to be alright.  Jumping ship, ( The USA Patriot ) and landing in another country is a big deal. By talking to others, I get a feel for their mental state, not so much by what they say but how they say it.  The how is always the indicator of the happy. Sort of like a disgruntled employee, they are happy to get a pay check but not happy where and how they make it. Seems most folks there are right down the middle, that's where I am here in the USA, so I'm glad we had this little chat. 

• Like 1