Feed The Children....#1 And Medical Care For The Poor

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I arrainged a free feeding for 'malnourished' children in Catbalogan. The term 'malnourished' was applied by the local people. It was a simple process. I (the Kano) supply the money, and they (local neighborhood authorities) set it up and advertise it. It cost me 2,000 pesos to feed 80+ children a meal of rice (who would have thought) and chicken / vegetables. Hope to do one or two feeding a month.I am set to return in the fall of this year and have started collecting medical supplies to take there for 'donation'. So far I have 4 glucose testers / 200 test strips, 20+ digital thermometers, and other interesting needed items.I edited the title to add medical care

post-404-1248024626_thumb.jpg

post-404-1248024644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Lee

upatnitemike
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup:

I arrainged a free feeding for 'malnourished' children in Catbalogan. The term 'malnourished' was applied by the local people. It was a simple process. I (the Kano) supply the money, and they (local neighborhood authorities) set it up and advertise it.It cost me 2,000 pesos to feed 80+ children a meal of rice (who would have thought) and chicken / vegetables. Hope to do one or two feeding a month.I am set to return in the fall of this year and have started collecting medical supplies to take there for 'donation'. So far I have 4 glucose testers / 200 test strips, 20+ digital thermometers, and other interesting needed items.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: That is very nice of you Bruce and as long as the people who administer the feeding are honest, then that is a fantastic thing you have going. :23_11_62[1]: :welcome: You may even end up king of Samar. SugarwareZ-004.gif

• 2 months later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

A follow up to this posted in the Samar newsUnknown to the public, Joe Kano

post-40-1253720644_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Lee

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Great Job Bruce! Just out of interest who is the organiser? Are the organisers a national organisation? Just wondering as I think your idea is a great one and maybe something some of us could replicate.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Another question.. might be worth listing the things your needing for the medical supplies maybe other expats could help out.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Great Job Bruce! Just out of interest who is the organiser? Are the organisers a national organisation? Just wondering as I think your idea is a great one and maybe something some of us could replicate.
I will answer this for now and I or Bruce will add more later. Bruce and Pam are the ones who are doing this. Bruce is supplying the money out of his own pocket for now and Pam is doing the work in the Philippines. As many of you may know, Bruce is a nurse and also owns a gun and pawn shop in Florida, so he has decided to do this out of the kindness of his heart. Maybe some of us can take his lead and do similar things in our own families areas.
Another question.. might be worth listing the things your needing for the medical supplies maybe other expats could help out.
I will try to get a list for others to help out if they wish to.More pictures below

post-40-1253886039_thumb.jpg

post-40-1253886113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mr. Lee

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK, Bruce is a busy man running all the things he is doing and he sent me an email and asked me to post it for him. Below is a cut and paste directly and word for word from his email, so please do not shoot the messenger and I am not in any way involved in this but I am looking for ways to get involved. The feeding and medical help is being done in the area where Pam lives.Bruce titled this DonationsWhat to do... what to do...... Do something? Do nothing? Do a little? Do a lot? Interesting questions for the individual.While there certainly poor / hungry people in the US, and UK and Australia, which are the big 3 for us white faces you see while traveling in the Philippines, I have found that the people of the Philippines have far less BAD ATTITUDES or a GIVE TO ME... I am ENTITLED! attitude that seems to abound in the US.So, for myself, I have decided 1. to do something, 2. to do it in the Philippines. My decision. My money. My time. Since I have a medical background, I have purchased basic medical equipment and medicines for donation. I donate to the local health department workers who go out into the barangys so they have direct access to basic supplies and I donate IV medications to the PUBLIC HOSPITALS for the poor people. I provide money for local people with cooking abilities to cook up huge pots of food for local poor children. Money for some bicycles, shoes, back packs and school supplies. I am starting a scholarship for nursing students. Not much, but something. I do something. What do you do? What can you do? What are you willing to do? From nothing to forming your own charity.... the opportunities are there. Copy what I do, improve on what I do, Just DO SOMETHING. If you want to simply donate money to my existing efforts to increase the output. Fine. Gladly accepted. Or do something in the area where you travel to.... But the important thing is to DO SOMETHING. (soon)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Here are some more pictures and more to follow

post-40-1253886294_thumb.jpg

post-40-1253886314_thumb.jpg

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

and yet a couple more and I think we all get the idea, now maybe we can figure out ways we can help.

post-40-1253886503_thumb.jpg

post-40-1253886531_thumb.jpg