Mogo 51, Me And Vigan City.

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was lucky to meet Mogo 51, and his partner here in Vigan City yesterday. Lucky in a sense that the brandy and food were free  :thumbsup:, and lucky because Ron is a top bloke, as we say back home.

We are touring the north on Friday. So might have some updates, maybe pictures along the way.

I think both of us will be in a position to answer questions about the north. San Fernando to Laoag and in between. Possibly, Pagudpud, if we make it all the way.

Will post updates. Not sure if Ron has internet access right now, but later he should be here.

Any questions?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Any questions?

Yes, does he really look like his profile pic ?   :lol:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We are headed up there towards the end of next week.  Anything you can share would be great!

We will have about 10+ people so we are hoping to find a transient house for a few nights.

chris49
Posted
Posted

We are headed up there towards the end of next week.  Anything you can share would be great!

We will have about 10+ people so we are hoping to find a transient house for a few nights.

I can help you. PM me for my CP number.

chris49
Posted
Posted

I got a broken arm in a bike accident last night. I'm a southpaw, can only type with the right hand. Hope Da Mogo Man will tell the story, in his own unique way.

It invovles a bottle of brandy, 2 Aussies and a Brit and my wife's new motorcycle  :bash:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

Yes I have been very fortunate to meet up with Chris and his UK mate Tony great guys and we were doing well until they

decided to hit a pothole last night with Chris a broken arm and Tony suspected fractured ribs. I have to accept

partial blame I am afraid, as I knew Chris was partial to a brandy, so bought Remy VSOP duty free.

We managed to destroy a litre of the wonderful stuff over a day and a half, after numerous beers as entrees.

Will be checking on the patients today as I am still in Vigan until tomorrow and we will go to Laoag. Chris was coming

but I think that may be down the spout as his wife is not happy with him crashing and damaging the new bike.

Yes I am the same as the photo, just a year or so older. Vigan is a nice place to visit and see some wonderful old

\Spanish buildings. People are friendly but this is very much an old fashioned town and it shuts down early at night.

Do not stay atthe Granpa Inn, very nice building but rooms leave much to be desired, not worth the asking price.

Couple of good restaurants here, everything seems to revolve around the Central Plaza Square There are Spanish

horse drawn carts, also can hire a guide but really not a great deal to see apart from the wondeful Spanish architecture.

Chris is a very obliging guy and has been most helpful with our stay and made it something to remember. He like me

is a bit of a larakin and he is an Aussie, who has spent a great deal of time in US, so he gets a bit confused!!

But his Aussie viens still shine through. His mate Tony is good Pommie with a great sense of humour.

We made the staff at the hotel sit in wonder as we consumed numerous glasses of VSOP, the more we drank the smarter we

got, amazing stuff that brandy.

Overall Vigan well worth a look. Hoping my two good friends recover quickly and the bike is back on the road as

his wife seems to have lost her sense of humou at the moment.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Da Mogo Man's wife was not here yesterday, having gone on overnight trip to visit the parents, a bit south of here and inland to the Cordilleras mountains. Plan's to meet the folks currently on hold, it seems they are elderly and with Mogo being even older, there could be some confusion.

So we could shift the blame there. :lol:  :lol:

I reckon his partner has a good head on her shoulders, she's very capable, loving and caring but she does allow that little bit of freedom, we need from time to time. Gina, read this please, :attention: maybe after my grounding period is over, you might also loosen the leash a little :no:  :no:  :no: ...no?

Top bloke Ron. He doesn't know the current Philippines so well, but he's doing his homework and getting a feel for it well in advance.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Sorry you guys got hurt. I pray for speedy recovery.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Any questions?

Yes, does he really look like his profile pic ?   :lol:

Yes he looks a bit like Sir Donald Bradman from the neck upwards, and downwards, like one of the WWF guys. Hulk Hogan, if he ever made a comeback, I reckon Da Mogo man would give him a sound thrashing :unsure:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Sorry you guys got hurt. I pray for speedy recovery.

Thanks Steve, so do I, feeling a little guilty as they are such fabulous company, we can hope they mend quickly.