Most Sensible Health Options For 1 To 2 Year Stay

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I have actually had a look on jobstreet and there seems to be plenty of jobs available so I guess if it ever came to it I could chance my arm. If anyone has any thoughts on this
I think mainly of:

1. Call Centers is a growing business. I don't know if they buy ready made systems or if they need you.

2. Franchise is common in Phils. I suppouse the HQs can need special made systems.

LOOK UP!   If you think of becoming CONSULTANT, I believe that need a SPECIAL licence EXTRA, plus the normal permits.

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

Okay thanks Thomas. I'll have a ponder...

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

I am not to sure how else it can be done as  it is against the Law to Work on a 9 a tourist visa so you would never ever be interviewed for a job

So would you rule out altogether being interviewed for a job on the understanding that if hired the employer would have to apply for a work permit on your behalf Jack?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I am not to sure how else it can be done as  it is against the Law to Work on a 9 a tourist visa so you would never ever be interviewed for a job

So would you rule out altogether being interviewed for a job on the understanding that if hired the employer would have to apply for a work permit on your behalf Jack?

You have only real chance to get jobs they are short of skilled of in Phils anyway, so if someone want you, the Visa problem can be solved by change it to a type where you are allowed to work.

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

Okay. That's kind of what I figured Thomas

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yes I would totally rule that out.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Philhealth is only for foreigners with a filipino spouse.

There are a few threads that say any foreigner with a tourist ACR card can get it.  I do not have it but I have heard I can go to the PhilHealth booth at Robinson's mall and get it instantly.  One day I will try.

There's a 9 month waiting period for Philhealth to kick in, and complex application format.

Rationale: a woman who is pregnant can't gain Philhealth benefits unless she has been in the program more than 9 months.

Adam, I $25 all in for my arm inc x ray and ortho consult seen in ER at night. Then $15 for a follow up with x ray. That's in the province at a co-op hospital. It was not 5 star, but it was what I needed.

Mate, you are smart enough, back yourself and get over here. Things will sort themselves out.

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

Adam, I $25 all in for my arm inc x ray and ortho consult seen in ER at night. Then $15 for a follow up with x ray. That's in the province at a co-op hospital. It was not 5 star, but it was what I needed.

That actually doesn't sound too bad. Had been leaning towards a long-stay travel insurance policy as this is only supposed to be a 1 to 2 year visit but since declaring a minor pre-existing condition on the quotes and the policy going up by £200 to £300, I'll seriously have to consider "pay as you go".

• Like 1

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

That sounds like a shame but then if that's the reality I'd rather know it than being delusional. Don't know for sure but I'm guessing they have most of IT covered.

Anyone have any experience of casual work done without the correct visa out of interest and what the reality of that is? If you look on the immigration website it just mentions what you'd expect it to like fines, deportation, imprisonment etc. Just wondered if reality on the ground is any different?

chris49
Posted
Posted

That sounds like a shame but then if that's the reality I'd rather know it than being delusional. Don't know for sure but I'm guessing they have most of IT covered.

Anyone have any experience of casual work done without the correct visa out of interest and what the reality of that is? If you look on the immigration website it just mentions what you'd expect it to like fines, deportation, imprisonment etc. Just wondered if reality on the ground is any different?

Your whole statement there is unrealistic. It may have been done but 1:100,000 ratio.

We are talking to you about places to live. I am 100% sure our owner/head honcho/moderator will not allow here discussion of illegal employment,

• Like 2