American Small Kitchen Appliances Inquiry

russellmania
Posted
Posted

You guys that brought toasters,blenders,coffee makers from you home countries,do you have one or many voltage converters in your kitchen?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

No, I never brought any with me. I bought them all in the Philipines.; I did bring with me a combo clock radio & CD Player that I quickly blew out with the 220 volts. It left me with a lot of CDs I was unable to enjoy until I bought speakers for my laptop.

You will need a voltage converter if you bring an appliance that is set to be used with 110 only.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did not bother bringing any of my appliances with me, unless they were dual voltage. 

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

You guys that brought toasters,blenders,coffee makers from you home countries,do you have one or many voltage converters in your kitchen?

Waste of time, you will only run up your electric bills. And a converter might not be 100% suitable to your appliance, might damage the appliance over time.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree!  The only electrical items i brought were my laptops, tablet and phone...  Plus a small emergency radio...  Battery operated tooth brush...  2 watches I never wear...  Does a clock without the battery count?

On the flip side, I brought a a few kitchen items that don't require electricity...  Like a juicer for citrus...  And a few tools that don't use electricity either...  My antique hand drill is my favorite!  

:mocking:  :dance:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

After learning the hard way, buying local Chinese garbage now just bite the bullet. Buy all at ridiculous prices at S&R but have zero problems going forward.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I look for products made in the Philippines first and then western makes...  

For those not sure about Filipino products, i have a couple and they all very reliable and last!

:mocking:  :tiphat:  :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

We had the luxury of building our house new, so we had it wired both 110 and 220. Brought all the wife's favorite appliances. So far only had one TV wear out. But that was just wear and tear, with the part not available here.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

No, I never brought any with me. I bought them all in the Philipines.; I did bring with me a combo clock radio & CD Player that I quickly blew out with the 220 volts. It left me with a lot of CDs I was unable to enjoy until I bought speakers for my laptop.

You will need a voltage converter if you bring an appliance that is set to be used with 110 only.

Swedish things have 220V   BUT WRONG Hz, so clocks would run much to fast. Better if they would run TO SLOW to suit Phils  :lol:

Computers (other than laptops) run faster too - until they break by being pushed harder than they are built to do  :boohoo:

I haven't tested, but I suppouse stereos run to fast too.

So I will probably only bring laptops    (and in a later turn I will perhaps bring a radio, and the loudspeeker part of a stereo.)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Computers (other than laptops) run faster too

Desktop computers will almost all have a small sliding swith on the back of the case to switch fron 110 to 220 volts. On laptops the power brick will handle both 110 or 220 volts. Any 110 volt appliance will not run faster on 220, it will either fry or just blow a fuse if you are lucky.