Got An Ecc Today At Bi Manila

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ok I will bite, where does the 72 hour wait come from?

No JGF not a 72 hour wait, as you say they advice a 72 hour application time. Anyone getting it on the same day has had a result, some get it the morning after. My Statement was that it is not always quick as we know, merely pointing out, only in the Philippines, no where else I have ever been have I had to complete any forms for leaving a country and certainly No money Paid to do so. the Exit /Airport Tax is in the Ticket but not :thumbsup:  this additional Arm Twist, this was my meaning.

JP :tiphat:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

BI advises to complete your ECC no later than 3 days (72 hours) before you are scheduled to fly out... This is so that, should there be a delay of any kind, you you have time to correct the issue... And, if you submit your ECC through the Manila office, it was not unusual in the past for it to not be completed until the next day...

The Philippines is unusual in that they have 2 levels for the ECC as opposed to most other countries who charge a straight tax. Several former Soviet countries employ this method as well. This considered citizens - including those on the SRRV - only pay (I believe) the P500 express lane fee. The rest of us pay more ...

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

If you have a 13A, at NAIA T1, when you approach the immigration counters, go to the right. There are 2 windows for 13A holders. The will process your ECC and re-entry permit right there. The charge P2820. That's it. Waive bye bye to the immigration counter and walk past them. Done.

• Like 3