Where Do You Like To Shop For Groceries?

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Do you camote? If so, they should not be hard to find at the palengke.

I meant to say - Do you mean camote? 

As Tim says, they are available at the wet market (palengke).  They are also fairly easy to grow.

• Like 1

tomaw
Posted
Posted

If buying direct from farmers, you can get to know too if they grow organic or how dangerous pesticides they use.

Good point. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
expatpaulinmy
Posted
Posted

With regards to branches, nothing beats Save More or the SM group, price is also competitive. In terms of quality, I would have to say Robinsons Supermarket is a good option. As for cheaper alternatives, there is always PureGold  :)

virginprune
Posted
Posted

For vegetables and fruit we always buy in the public market. They are fresher there and cheaper,they come direct from the farm. For meat and fish we usually use the supermarket in the mall, although if available we will buy tilapia from the vendor. This fish comes direct from fish farm in Lake Sebu, still swimming so very fresh!

tomaw
Posted
Posted

With regards to branches, nothing beats Save More or the SM group, price is also competitive. In terms of quality, I would have to say Robinsons Supermarket is a good option. As for cheaper alternatives, there is always PureGold :)

Good explanation on these three branches. Thanks.