Philippines Wants A "stronger Commitment" From The United States

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Show me the money……….money………money…….money……….Hilary…..What difference does it make!!!!!! they're just rocks!!

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
they're just rocks!!

You, I and almost everyone who was raised on the other side of the International date line agrees Word. But until you see and understand the Filipino sense of pride and face in action, well its just a mystery. That and I believe there is a bit of "wag the dog" involved here. If you get the masses in an uproar about the big bad Chinese Dragon infringing on the Philippine pride the masses will forget about that they are hungry etc. etc. etc.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Lets take this one step further..... Lets say the Chinese were to take over Philippines itself, we know this would be very unlikely but just play along. :th_thholysheep:

My question. In the long run would Philippines be better off or worse off? :89:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

To Old 55,

I have brought up the same question to Filipinos, here. Most do not like China. I happen to think yes, the Philippines would be better off under Chinese rule. Yes, even tho it is a Communist country. Right now, the political families are holding the Philippines back from achieving it's true potential. 

I've been to China 3 times. I've seen some of the cleanest and modern cities I ever expected. I was treate with total respet and curiosity but still with total respect. The police did not allow a beggar to approach me. Then a man in a dark suit came along and scolded the old man beggar and threw his walking cane as far as he could into the bushes. I thought "WOW". 

Many of the sidewalks are not only swept but mopped. I have tons of more experiences but that's all for now, folks.

I hate to see corruption here in the PI in every government office. I totally dislike the peoples disregard for their country. It's like they don't give a ratzazz about the enviorment.

OK I'm done venting, are you sorry you asked?

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
It's Veterans Day here in the States today,

You mean Memorial Day?  Big difference.  Memorial Day is for the ones who died.  Veteran's Day is for the ones that came back...

But the US commitment is already better than the local commitment.  Hell, these guys are about to partition their country a la BBL...  :tiphat:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Show me the money……….money………money…….money……….Hilary…..What difference does it make!!!!!! they're just rocks!!

What the heck, the value of the petrochemicals under the sea floor is probably only worth 30 years of the Philippine GDP, no money involved at all really.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
they're just rocks!!
Besides they can perhaps become military useful as a airplane space, these rocks would include possesion rights AROUND and UNDER too  (=Oil, fishing...)  If they wouldn't be useful for China, I suppouse they wouldn't bother   :)
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

At the end of the day I would say that the Administration here should be Giving a Stronger Commitment to it's own people before starting to expect it from others. :thumbsup:

Just saying.

:tiphat:

Morning all. :morning1:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised that nobody thought of Guam... The next step for China after taking over the Philippines... I mean, where else in the furcation of the Pacific do Americans have their bases? Oh, before somebody laughs and says "Sure...", it's already in the news... The US has drawn the line in the sand for China for that exact reason... And Australia has said that they are following suit...

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I mean, where else in the furcation of the Pacific do Americans have their bases?

I am not sure exactly what you mean Bob, but on the off chance that you didn't know that the 3RD Marine Division that is currently stationed in Okinawa is being sent to Guam as a permanent pacific base. Been in the works for awhile. That will put a major Air Force base, a Navy base and a Marine division there, gonna be a crowded island lol.