Falling In Love Online............

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Do people honestly fall in love with someone they have never met face to face instead only interacting online?

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Clearly yes.

Who is to say it's right or wrong?

Would I do it? Not sure, never been in that position. I think if I was acting on a recommendation from someone I already knew, it might happen. But again, can't say that I have needed that.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Chris. I'm not judging I'm in the same situation as you. my wife and I met just as the internet started in Philippines. We wrote letters and made phone calls there were a few emails too. After my second visit I knew she was the one.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Myself and my lady skyped for 14 months before I came to see her. In that time she became sure about her feelings and I was about 90 % sure. After my first visit of one month we were both definitely sure. This is the happiest that both of us have been in many years. Long may it remain this way.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Clearly yes.

Here is where we strongly disagree.

I think it is clear that two people can meet on line and one or both or them THINK they are in love.  But I believe it is an emotional short circuit in the brain which is not wired for online romance.

In this instance I am in agreement with "Dr Phil" when he says:

The online environment is the perfect breeding ground for fantasies because it allows us to ascribe all the wonderful qualities we want in a partner to someone we've never met. Dr. Phil has said that you shouldn't get married until your partner has seen you with the flu ... so falling in love with someone you've never met is basing a relationship on superficial experiences. You really don't know much about that person other than whatever it is he/she has told you — and you have no proof to back it up. He/she could be very different in person. 

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

Do people honestly fall in love with someone they have never met face to face instead only interacting online?

With today's real time communications (visual, text and audio), I can honestly say that I would fall in lust instead.....he, he. However, as you may know, I did it the old school way with Judy's sister as chaperone and the family matriarch (Judy's Lola) giving me the snake eyes during my courtship.  

Good boy ako -- Jake  

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I'm with Dave on this one. I met my gf online (dating site) and we communicated for 4 months before I met her

face to face.

But even then, I took things slowly and we really become a couple after a further 10 months or so.

You have to meet a person and see their true self before falling in love IMO

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Personally I have gave away the online stuff. Nowadays I have enough friends in Cebu and abroad, I keep on getting girls introduced to me. My current GF was introduced to be by the brother of one of my ex-GF. All goes to show stay friends with your ex-GF family...lol.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Here is where we strongly disagree......Dave you are misquoting me.

Here Is the original question.

Clearly yes.  My answer does not include any personal view on the question. My answer is a generic statement which concludes that is does happen to some people. I do not give my actual views ka si I have never been in that situation, I would not know.

As for Dr.Phil, he has a staff of writers churning that stuff, so from prior experience 99% ignore.