Screwy Feminist Convo Between My Wife And Oldest "friend"

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Why does any grown adult feel the need to tell another grown adult how to live and what they should do in life?

You obviously have not been exposed to the institution of "Chismis" here in the Philippines :thumbsup: . It is the national past time :hystery: .

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Why does any grown adult feel the need to tell another grown adult how to live and what they should do in life?

You obviously have not been exposed to the institution of "Chismis" here in the Philippines :thumbsup: . It is the national past time :hystery: .

:unsure: OH YES! and it approaches, the Ber months are on a countdown

There are 159 more sleeps to the big day (but I'm not counting -- I'm just a grumpy elf!) Are there still a lot of days till Christmas 2015? It ALWAYS seems like there are a lot of days to Christmas! Well, there are 159 days to be exact or 13,720,629 seconds!  :mocking:

JP :tiphat:

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
My wife is very independent. She does not need me financially. We met and married out of love for each other and no other reason.

I am one of seven boys in my family, and I am the only one to have married someone outside of the usual Anglo bloodline.  Oddly enough, of all our spouses, mine is probably the least dependent on me financially.  In fact, she is not dependent at all, and nor has she ever been.

I fell in love on sight, and fortunately, she did not come with any baggage. 

In truth though, even if she had come with baggage, I was besotted enough that I would have wanted to marry her anyway.

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted

you are probably being too harsh on your oldest friend

That is a strong possibility.  The op is hearing what his wife thinks she heard.  This may not be exactly what the oldest friend said or meant.  Secondly, is there any possibility that the wife is trying to drive a wedge between hubby and best friend?  Some ladies are very jealous and it comes out in subtle ways.

Never thought of that. Good observation DHD

Possible but unlikely. My friend is an extrovert and has never had any troubles telling anyone what she thinks they should do. It was such an irony because we just had the dinner in which she criticized my ex for being a control freak :) We have had a conflict or two over the years over this kind of stuff and it's left us far less close than we were 20 years ago. I just was annoyed that she felt the need to make the 1st major convo she's ever had with my wife a lesson in what she should do.

Again, this really impacted my wife not at all - me it annoyed since I have such a long history with the friend. I am positive if I were to confront her she would make it sound innocent, which I am sure she believes it was. I guess this was my point. American women are so convinced they are right and men are wrong that they feel completely justified to tell a relative newcomer/stranger how she should act.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I figure I am too old to make much more out of this.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

But IF Filipinos would tell people what to do, and all followed it, then they wouldn't have much to chismis about...  :lol:

Aren't WESTERNERS in average TELLING people what to do straight to face MORE than Filipinos do...?   (I mean when each one are in their home country.)

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I saw it all the time in the Navy.  It convinced me I never want to take my wife to live in America - they will ruin her!    :tiphat:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

I met my wife 30 years ago in the Philippines. We lived in the Philippines for five years and we've lived here in the States the last 25 years. It's my opinion, most Filipinas will change and adopt many of the western standards most men find less desirable. They will become more independent and less "Filipino". It takes a special woman not to succumb to western influences and retain the qualities we were attracted to when meeting them. Definitely think hard before taking your wife out of the environment that formed her into the person you love. It's a rare girl who is strong and self-assured enough not to be negatively influenced. I'm not saying it can't be done because we do know some women who have retained the values and remained sweet and loving. Many will not. Thank God I'm very fortunate, my wife is still very much the sweet girl I married so many years ago.

Triple LIKE BluesDude!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
It's my opinion, most Filipinas will change and adopt many of the western standards most men find less desirable. They will become more independent and less "Filipino".
I DON'T worry about THAT,

but better she compare with Filipino than western living standard, much easier to satisfy the Filipino level  :lol:

(Actualy I plan to try to MAKE my future wife more and more independent, so she can take care of the business too, when I'm gone or want to retire. And actualy I DON'T like to be looked after and pampered much, because I want to get some alone time now and then.)

• Like 1