How Does One Manage

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

My fear is getting to  the hospital.  The sister of a friend died on the way to Cebu Doctors form Toledo with a ruptured appendix, that was the nearest place that could help just over an hour drive,  she lasted about 20 minutes.   

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

My fear is getting to  the hospital.  The sister of a friend died on the way to Cebu Doctors form Toledo with a ruptured appendix, that was the nearest place that could help just over an hour drive,  she lasted about 20 minutes.   

Excellent example why one should give serious consideration to ones location before calling it home.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Excellent example why one should give serious consideration to ones location before calling it home.

It is hard to judge the risk, but it is clearly higher than in a western country.

Gerald, RBM, I think if a person had underlying medical problems plus aged over 50, they should consider where to live or even if they should live in the Philippines.

For relatively healthy, despite being at retirement age, you could also say the risk of auto accident or sudden catastrophic illness would be about the same.

I accept the risk, same as I accept the risk of riding a bike, if I stopped that I would no longer enjoy life.

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Not only counting DISTANCE. The American, who was stabbed to death, was still alive when the ambulance arrived, but they didn''t hurry at all so he died, although they were in a big city CLOSE to the hospitral  :bash: :1 (103):

And even if trying to hurry, traffic can make short distance take long time. If the hospital is close to the edge of a big city, it can take longer time to get few kilometers THROUGH the city, than go far at a highway...

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
I accept the risk, same as I accept the risk of riding a bike, if I stopped that I would no longer enjoy life

This is an on going I discussion I have with myself.....Excellent point Chris.

I also ride a big bike XTZ S10 plus a light off road bike and if one finds happiness here in spite of the increased risk does one stop or moderate. Stick to tennis perhaps.....

Like judging quantity over quality....one must have ones pleasure, how ever not take unnecessary risks. perhaps a Juggling act required.

I would agree for those having a serious underling medical condition wanting to live here it would be advantageous living close to suitable medical facilities.   

Anybody complementing the move would be well advised to give this issue serious consideration.

• Like 4