Juicer

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Has anyone bought a juicer over here?  If so, where, brand/model, how much, etc.  I searched but I did not find a thread that mentioned this in detail.

I used to have an inexpensive one in the U.S. but it was such a pain to clean I did not use it much.  I would like to find one that is easier to clean.  I know they are expensive but I will bite the bullet for a good one,

Perhaps S & R has one?

Added by edit:

Clicked on the Lazada ad at the top of this page and searched there.  They have several but I don't know the brands.

http://www.lazada.com.ph/shop-juicers-fruit-extractors/

JGF, the Lazada ad does not open in a new window and takes me away from the forum.  Is that the way you want it or is it my browser (Chrome)?

Edited by OnMyWay

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

take a look a HMR(?) thats a SM surplus store, have seen a "juicer" there before ,

Market Market dept store have seen one there too but cost?? didnt look.

why not try 1 of the import/surplus stores , they have at times some of the most amazing,,,,, :unsure: ,,,,,,,,,,,, stock....

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
JGF, the Lazada ad does not open in a new window and takes me away from the forum.  Is that the way you want it or is it my browser (Chrome)?

Thats google, nothing I can do about that. You might try looking in the commercial equipment suppliers.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
take a look a HMR(?) thats a SM surplus store, have seen a "juicer" there before

The HMR here is mostly 110 volt U.S. surplus.  I'll take a look.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Has anyone bought a juicer over here?  If so, where, brand/model, how much, etc.  I searched but I did not find a thread that mentioned this in detail.

I used to have an inexpensive one in the U.S. but it was such a pain to clean I did not use it much.  I would like to find one that is easier to clean.  I know they are expensive but I will bite the bullet for a good one,

Perhaps S & R has one?

Added by edit:

Clicked on the Lazada ad at the top of this page and searched there.  They have several but I don't know the brands.

from what I have read using the normal juicer one leaves a lot of the nutrients behind. What we did was bought the expensive blender in S @ R its a Braun and from memory around P5K. has been 100% and juices up pretty much anything, as well as an excellent  blender. The benifits by far out weigh the costs.

Previously we bought one  of the cheap blenders sold in SM lasted us just a few weeks.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
from what I have read using the normal juicer one leaves a lot of the nutrients behind. What we did was bought the expensive blender in S @ R its a Braun and from memory around P5K. has been 100% and juices up pretty much anything, as well as an excellent  blender. The benifits by far out weigh the costs.    Previously we bought one  of the cheap blenders sold in SM lasted us just a few weeks.

Braun makes good stuff and actually that sounds like a reasonable price.  How hard is it to clean?

I was just reading up on the types of juicers.  It seems that the latest and greatest that extract the most nutrients are the "slow" juicers that use an auger type system,  And the best of those is the vertical type.  Apparently the vertical type handle everything well but the horizontal type don't handle soft fruits well.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
take a look a HMR

I just stopped by our local HMR and they had 1 juicer.  Bella brand, box looked beat up, 110 volt, appeared to be a return from Kohl's department store in the U.S. as it had the Kohl's price tag on it, $99.99.  HMR wanted p1899.

I still have not bought anything at HMR.  They did have some large sizes of Kirkland (Costco) clothing that I might go back and check.

Edited by OnMyWay

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Perhaps S & R has one?

Added by edit:

from what I have read using the normal juicer one leaves a lot of the nutrients behind. What we did was bought the expensive blender in S @ R its a Braun and from memory around P5K. has been 100% and juices up pretty much anything, as well as an excellent  blender. The benifits by far out weigh the costs.

Previously we bought one  of the cheap blenders sold in SM lasted us just a few weeks.

Thanks, we are shopping for a nice blender. I've looked at SM Mall and Gaisano. No luck. I like Braun brand products. Never had any trouble with one. We will be shopping at S & R for that Braun you mentioned.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

If you can get a Moulinex brand I can reccommend them we bought ours in the UK its easy to clean puts out a lot of juice !

There are several for sale on OLX.ph

and like all of our stuff from the UK we sent it to Our home here in Phil in Balikbayan Boxes !

Even our large JVC tv and everything works fine !

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To clean your blender, fill about 2/3 full and add a few drops of dish detergent - and then run it for a few seconds...  Instantly clean!

:mocking:  :tiphat:  :rolleyes:

• Like 1