Juicer

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was in Prince Warehouse, Tanjay today.  I saw a very nice looking juicer and thought of this thread so I looked closer.  The price tag was over 15,000 pesos.  WTF are they that expensive?  If that does not scare you then check out the Prince Warehouse close to you.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was in Prince Warehouse, Tanjay today.  I saw a very nice looking juicer and thought of this thread so I looked closer.  The price tag was over 15,000 pesos.  WTF are they that expensive?  If that does not scare you then check out the Prince Warehouse close to you.

They can be very expensive!  This link is sorted by price and the highest is 41,000!

http://www.lazada.com.ph/shop-juicers-fruit-extractors/?sort=pricedesc&dir=desc

Even in the U.S., they are very expensive for a quality built to last machine.  You can get cheapies for $30.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I bought a juicer a few days ago.  I bought the "cheap" version of an expensive one.

I did quite a bit of research on Amazon and found that Omega is a top juicer brand that has very high ratings.  I used to deliver health foods many years ago and remember that they were around way back then.  A key justification of their high prices is that they offer a 10 year warranty and very good service.  The "slow" juicers are the best now and Western Appliance had two Omega slow juicers, for p17,000 and p18,000!  Those prices actually were just a tad higher than the U.S. prices on Amazon.  However, they said the warranty was only 1 year, not 10.

I went to Abenson and they had what appears to be an almost exact clone of the p18,000 Omega.  Made by Dowell (like the fans), it seems fairly well made and heavy duty.  Only time will tell!  I paid p8998 for it after a p700 cash discount, so it was about half the price of the Omega, with a 1 year warranty.

It works well and cleans up fairly easily.  Carrot, apple, celery and spinach juice was very tasty last night!  I will try some new ingredients tonight.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I will try some new ingredients tonight.

Rum, Vodka, and Gin come ro mind. :cheersty:

• Like 1