Buying Appliances

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I don't know where Carrier is made, but my wife is partial to it.  It must be more than just brand recognition, as it's been popular since the 60's (which is as far back as she can remember) and possibly earlier.  If it had not lived up to its name, it probably would not have continued in popularity.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
If it had not lived up to its name, it probably would not have continued in popularity.

Reminds me of the time I walked into an appliance repair shop in Canada and saw a bunch of Maytags being repaired.  I told the shop serviceman that I thought those things never broke down.  He said thee Maytag advertising is incredible but they do break down as often as any other AND they are more expensive to fix.

Its when we don't realize that we are being fooled by advertising that it is most effective.  The other thing is that brand names carry across the globe.  A Carrier in Canada is not the same machine as a Carrier in the Philippines, the parts and workmanship have been changed but the name remains.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A Carrier in Canada is not the same machine as a Carrier in the Philippines, the parts and workmanship have been changed but the name remains.

:hystery:

Hmmm Tongue in cheek of course but  does this mean that a Filipino from the Philippines is different from Filipinos from Canada?post-2148-0-04838000-1438404260.png

JP :cheers:

Afternoon all ( late session last Night) :rolleyes:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't know where Carrier is made, but my wife is partial to it.  It must be more than just brand recognition

Carrier is made in the Philippines as well as other countries. 

http://www.carrier.com.ph/who-we-are

• 2 weeks later...
Dolby
Posted
Posted

I bet Carrier destined for the Philippines are made for mediocre material!

I was viewing the news today and they said, they caught some synthetic rice being sold. Amazing!

What else they are going to feed these people??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was viewing the news today and they said, they caught some synthetic rice being sold. Amazing! What else they are going to feed these people??

Please dont change the topic, there already is a topic about this and best to see the new results of rice testing.