I Got The Wrong End Of The Stick ( So What's New)

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

I'm always asked (with no supporting information) "what do you call dat?" When she's trying to tell me something.

The he/she thing gets even more confusing when they're talking about a person.. Then they change it to she then to he then back to she..but still the same person.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I believe that the Filipino languages are not gender specific, that is why the him/her mixes up all the time. Well that is how my gf explained it to me anyway!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I believe that the Filipino languages are not gender specific, t

Filipino and Filipina are gender specific so that don't work.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I believe that the Filipino languages are not gender specific, that is why the him/her mixes up all the time. Well that is how my gf explained it to me anyway!

VirginprunO say it isn't so

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick as well

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Do you guys always get the "for example" when they are trying to tell you about something?

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Do you guys always get the "for example" when they are trying to tell you about something?

Haven 't head that but,  after several huh? or whats? and having the word spelled for me.....although she is mostly correct it's the useage that will through me.  A completely different way to phrase.

After witch I am asked if I need a hearing aid (i may be wearing mine) or if I can speak "Engless jeeze"

:bash:   

Thomas
Posted
Posted

At least some of the common languages in Phils don't have words for "he" and "she".

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I believe that the Filipino languages are not gender specific, that is why the him/her mixes up all the time.

I don't know about other dialects, but Tagalog does not have he/she pronouns.  They have "siya", which is gender neutral.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick as well

It seems I had the right end of the stick after all. Thank you Thomas and MacBubba!

• Like 3