I Got The Wrong End Of The Stick ( So What's New)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Last night a pipe burst in the bathroom

.Today when  I got back from the gym my wife was still at the house,she was supposed to be out. I asked her why she was still here and she said "they will fix the bathroom". So I go inside and strip off to have a shower haha you should have seen the look on the plumbers face when I walked in the bathroom.

I told my wife you should have said "they are fixing the bathroom" this is why I say we should teach our partners to speak our own language as properly as we are able to.

:hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

My wife wanted to get a job, so I thought Ok how can I help her prepare to go out into the big bad world. I thought of several things I could do to bring her up to speed socially. Of course language was the obvious choice as this forum has pointed out. I thought if she could communicate easily, she is smart enough to figure the rest out. So I set out to stay on top of all her flip flops in gender and use of verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, so forth..etc. I work very hard at this and she did as well. I tried to explain the differences in using the english language. I soon realized she needed additional help. I enrolled her in a GED class to get her High School diploma. Though she has a two year degree from the Philippines in which most of the credits transfered here to a community college. After attending the GED class for several weeks and enrolling in community college, she still has trouble. However, we did make gains through all this. She now recognizes her misuse of the english language and often corrects herself before I or our 4 year old does. It's funny how mix raced children pick up duel languages and soon understand the use of it. My son is reluctant to talk in cubuano but he understands it when his Mom is upset with him and blurts out a bunch of syllables in his direction. He runs away like his pants are on fire! It has now become a game they play to a certain extent. I spend most of my retired days as an observer of these two as they interact with each other. I look forward to do this in the Philippines in November when we make our move.   

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I checked into a motel that offered a reduced rate if you make your own bed. I got to my room and found:

1. A stack of lumber
  2. A screwdriver
  3. A page of assembly instructions that appeared to be in Korean

No, really, I just made that up!

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

instructions were in spanish huh?

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

instructions were in spanish huh?

No, not Spanish. I don't read Korean, so I was just guessing. :unsure:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
El Negrito
Posted
Posted

To the OP it could have been an auto correct error since it was a text. No? Maybe?