Western Union

Czechman
Posted
Posted
Anyways, thanks. Hopefully they will get this straightened out. In the future perhaps we'll try money gram or xoom even.

FYI: some people love, and some, just hate Xoom. It all depends upon your experience among other things too complicated to get into I guess. I have heard some just ram-it into the ground, because they canceled a transaction. But of course, the person never really said what "really happened" though... Like were they scamming Xoom or some other underhanded thing??

I however, never had a problem (yet) with Xoom and they came through when both, WU and MoneyGram left me hanging for days with no explanation as to why--until I had to contact support! Which is not a good way of doing any business.

Other relevant info: Xoom was recently acquired by PayPal (<-which recently, was spun-off by Ebay to fly solo). Prior to that, Xoom was affiliated by a few, large, and well-known financial firms so it always had a strong-backing. Another thing I like about Xoom is, they'll even go door to door - within, mostly major metro PH areas quickly and a majority of the provinces too but, a bit slower though.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

In the future perhaps we'll try money gram or xoom even.

PayPal works for me too. You can use any email address and have a Philippine account. No one needs know where you are withdrawing the money. You can withdraw to a Philippine bank in pesos or dollars (assuming you have a dollar account here.)

I use PayPal for 90% of my clients but a few are from countries where they do not have PayPal. In the USA I also use greendot money pak.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hopefully they will get this straightened out

I hear ya.......unless this continues to occur it might be chalked up to the ole "S**T Happens". Zillions of OFW's can't be wrong. If this type of thing happened all the time we wouldn't see relatives lined up out the door at these places. :cheersty:

Well I've used wu every so often for years and have never really had problems but all of a sudden 2 issues in a couple weeks..

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Anyways, thanks. Hopefully they will get this straightened out. In the future perhaps we'll try money gram or xoom even.

FYI: some people love, and some, just hate Xoom. It all depends upon your experience among other things too complicated to get into I guess. I have heard some just ram-it into the ground, because they canceled a transaction. But of course, the person never really said what "really happened" though... Like were they scamming Xoom or some other underhanded thing??

I however, never had a problem (yet) with Xoom and they came through when both, WU and MoneyGram left me hanging for days with no explanation as to why--until I had to contact support! Which is not a good way of doing any business.

Other relevant info: Xoom was recently acquired by PayPal (<-which recently, was spun-off by Ebay to fly solo). Prior to that, Xoom was affiliated by a few, large, and well-known financial firms so it always had a strong-backing. Another thing I like about Xoom is, they'll even go door to door - within, mostly major metro PH areas quickly and a majority of the provinces too but, a bit slower though.

In the past I used xoom a bunch of times to send a few bucks to my wife's family. I liked it, especially the notifications when the money is picked up etc.
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Link that Western Union sent me not Long ago also a link for a new rule, it just could be this that is the problem.

http://www.westernunion.com.ph/en/how_to_receive.php

http://www.westernunion.co.jp/en/pdf/2014_1212_notice%20to%20pholippines_E.pdf

Hope it helps.

JP :tiphat:

Morning all. :morning1:

Thanks Jack, this had the number I used. Appreciate it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
the person never really said what "really happened" though... Like were they scamming Xoom or some other underhanded thing??

For me, as one screwed over XOOM consumer, they cancelled on me in mid transaction just because they decided they no longer wanted Canadian business.  There was nothing underhanded on my end..  It was ALL them.  But it no longer matters as I have never tried to use them since then and I suspect they still do not want Canadian's business.  Fortunately there are many that do.

Of course they cancelled my transaction when it really hurt as I was counting on the money but that's how things usually go.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

the person never really said what "really happened" though... Like were they scamming Xoom or some other underhanded thing??

For me, they cancelled in mid transaction just because they decided they no longer wanted Canadian business. There was nothing underhanded on my end and I resent the implication. It was ALL them. But it no longer matters as I have never tried to use them since then and I suspect they still do not want Canadian's business. Fortunately there are many that do.

Of course they cancelled my transaction when it really hurt as I was counting on the money but what would you expect?

I hear ya, I was also counting on the money.. Between 2 transactions it was around 25,000php..

Czechman
Posted
Posted

For me, they cancelled in mid transaction just because they decided they no longer wanted Canadian business.  There was nothing underhanded on my end and I resent the implication.  It was ALL them.  But it no longer matters as I have never tried to use them since then and I suspect they still do not want Canadian's business.  Fortunately there are many that do.

Of course they cancelled my transaction when it really hurt as I was counting on the money but what would you expect?

WTF??? Hold it there, it sounds like you have your forums in an array!!! 

How do you figure I meant that you were the one I was talking about in my statement regarding Xoom? :th_hu: :89:  :wt-hell:

FYI: It so happens that I was referring to another forum that I formally belonged to. And I left the ridiculous site because they were a "Philippines women and Philippines in general" -> bashing group." And furthermore, I just got tired of hearing about the same complaints over and over by the members on that "other" forum site, and Xoom-bashing was one of their peeve-agendas! 

I think that you should take the time to read into it a bit more and let it sink in a bit - before you jump to any false implications...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I think that you should take the time to read into it a bit more and let it sink in a bit - before you jump to any false implications...

I apologize for letting my emotions get the best of me.  Of course you don't know me that personally so you could not have meant me.  It just felt like you were tarring all Zoom complainers with one brush.  Again, I apologize for taking offense and I shall go back and edit out that bit.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For me, they cancelled in mid transaction just because they decided they no longer wanted Canadian business.  There was nothing underhanded on my end and I resent the implication.  It was ALL them.  But it no longer matters as I have never tried to use them since then and I suspect they still do not want Canadian's business.  Fortunately there are many that do.

WTF??? Hold it there, it sounds like you have your forums in an array!!! 

How do you figure I meant that you were the one I was talking about in my statement regarding Xoom? :th_hu: :89:  :wt-hell:

FYI: It so happens that I was referring to another forum that I formally belonged to. And I left the ridiculous site because they were a "Philippines women and Philippines in general" -> bashing group." And furthermore, I just got tired of hearing about the same complaints over and over by the members on that "other" forum site, and Xoom-bashing was one of their peeve-agendas! 

Dave wasn't jumping to conclusions, he was referring to what had happened to him when using Xoom... He felt that Xoom was implying that he had done something wrong when they canceled his transaction in the middle of processing it...

• Like 1