Western Union

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Oops! I guess Dave beat me in there... And i was wrong? Guess I'm going back to English class 101...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
And i was wrong?

Not entirely wrong in your assessment.  I just realized how it sounded and changed it to be inoffensive.  :tiphat:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I recently used Remitly. First transaction after creating an account was free plus you get a $30 gift certificate on your first transaction over $100. Their FX rate was better than both WU and Xoom. Did it all online.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Well I just found out what happened. My advertiser told me my wife's name is blocked for picking up to much money.

I will have to look into some of the other methods mentioned in this thread because my advertisers and clients think I'm in the USA still.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

It still really ticks me off that the clerks at the sender's WU tell them we picked up the money. That is just wrong.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
Onemore52
Posted
Posted

To purchase a car I sent money from a bank in australia to the recipient in the Philippines, all went well no problems.

After finding out that I could save heaps by sending it via Western Union I thought I would give them a try to purchase some land.

Being a first time user with them I sent 500 dollars to the same person using the same account number bank details etc.

After two days I received notification that the money had been delivered to the bank, no problems I thought, so I sent another 5k to the 

same account to purchase some land, once again I received an email saying it had been delivered.

So after two weeks with no money arriving in the bank I was on the phone for two days trying to sort it out, and in the end cancelled

the transaction and as of yesterday am no waiting for a refund of the money.

I do not know who is at fault, W.U. says it delivered the money to the bank, but the bank says "NO".   I reckon anyone reading this 

would know of the merry go round that you get on when trying to sort this out, lots of phone calls every person passing the buck onto 

someone else.

So, transaction cancelled, open a San Mig and go to plan B.  Plan B being World Remit after reading the forum yesterday, thanks

fellas.

After putting some beers on ice I contemplate what trouble I will have getting the money back.

The frustrating thing is that everyone I contacted at the bank here in the Philippines promised to do something, send an email, call 

someone at head office to sort it out but the silence is deafening, as is the no emails from anyone.

I guess just keep beer on ice and don't lose my cool.

Cheers,