Cebu Pacific / Tigerair - Aaarrrrgggg!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Need to rant!

Booked a visa run Clark to Hong Kong, same day return.  September 19th.  Booked it a long time ago.

Early August, get a mail that the return flight Hong Kong - Clark is cancelled.  However, they will happily fly me to Manila.  All I have to do is hit the "Accept" button!   :bash:

Called them up.  Explained that my car will be in Clark, not Manila.  After re-explaining the situation several times, rebooked both ways for the following week, the 26th.

I just got the same mail.  Return flight Hong Kong - Clark on the 26th is cancelled.  However, they will happily fly me to Manila.  All I have to do is hit the "Accept" button!

:1 (103):  :1 (103):  :1 (103):  

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Need to rant!

Booked a visa run Clark to Hong Kong, same day return.  September 19th.  Booked it a long time ago.

Early August, get a mail that the return flight Hong Kong - Clark is cancelled.  However, they will happily fly me to Manila.  All I have to do is hit the "Accept" button!   :bash:

Called them up.  Explained that my car will be in Clark, not Manila.  After re-explaining the situation several times, rebooked both ways for the following week, the 26th.

I just got the same mail.  Return flight Hong Kong - Clark on the 26th is cancelled.  However, they will happily fly me to Manila.  All I have to do is hit the "Accept" button!

:1 (103):  :1 (103):  :1 (103):  

But it's more pun in da filipins.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Many people have experienced this or similar. Take comfort you are not alone.

Trying to use logic or any form of common sense dealing with lager Philippine companies is a lesson in frustration.

My similar experience a couple of months ago was settled by canceling my ticket and buying a new one. Sure it hurt how ever pain lasted just an hour or so compared to trying to argue it out with logic.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
argue it out with logic.
In my expriences it is no good to use logic here logic does not seem to exist here.
  • Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I have had similar problems relating to bookings of flights, I made a simple error of wrong month, rang them immediately and the response bad luck.   That airline was Scoot.  I have decided it is cheaper to pay extra up front, get better baggage deal, food and adrink and some 

flexibility in fare conditions.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think what is happening here is that they are cancelling the middle of the weekend return flight on Saturday night (the 19th and the 26th are Saturdays) due to lack of passengers and consolidating it with the Hong Kong Manila flight.  I'm going to try and change it to Sunday and see if that works.  I don't want to do the flight during the week because I then have to find school transportation for my daughter.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

OMW, since your doing the research anyway, how about a commuter hop from Manila to Clark? Added expense I know but might be an option.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorry if this sounds Stupid but why use Clarke now with all this, why not use ML. HK  Round Trip.

That way you get what you want Hopefully The car in the Right Place. 

JP :tiphat:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
why use Clarke

He lives in Subic Jack, going to NAIA would be a real pain, up cavetex, down nlex then through the heart of manila.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

He lives in Subic Jack, going to NAIA would be a real pain, up cavetex, down nlex then through the heart of manila.

It was just a thought! post-2148-0-29587300-1440038548.png

• Like 1