Cebu Pacific / Tigerair - Aaarrrrgggg!

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yes well, bus back from NAIA to Clark is an option, not a very good one, but at least it would get you back to your car.

Common logic again, don't they provide ground transportation for those customers who where expecting to arrive back at Clark?

Whatever happened to the speed rail link from Manila to Clark?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

why use Clarke

He lives in Subic Jack, going to NAIA would be a real pain, up cavetex, down nlex then through the heart of manila.

Yes, extra 2-3 hours each way, traffic, all the fuel, maybe a couple of payoffs to the crocodiles, parking at NAIA, etc.

Clark is a breeze.  Park near terminal, no crowds, 45 minutes from my house.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You know this is where I get bemused by the goings on with International contradictions and the new ( Well fairly new)  PCCCA and Government rulings on Customers Rights.

Your Ticket constitutes a contract between you and the Airline for conveyance  from point "A" to point "B" & return to Point "A "

Now if they can't Fly you there but have to take you to Point "C" then it should be for them to Convey you back to Point "A" at no further cost to you. We had this for many years in Gibraltar where I had many trips from Malaga to Gib on a Coach because of Diverted Flights or as is here, a no show Aircraft. Sorry but this just takes the P...s out of any rights at all for the customer 

Little rant overpost-2148-0-63737800-1440045780.png

JP  :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

You know this is where I get bemused by the goings on with International contradictions and the new ( Well fairly new)  PCCCA and Government rulings on Customers Rights.

Your Ticket constitutes a contract between you and the Airline for conveyance  from point "A" to point "B" & return to Point "A "

Now if they can't Fly you there but have to take you to Point "C" then it should be for them to Convey you back to Point "A" at no further cost to you. We had this for many years in Gibraltar where I had many trips from Malaga to Gib on a Coach because of Diverted Flights or as is here, a no show Aircraft. Sorry but this just takes the P...s out of any rights at all for the customer 

Little rant overattachicon.gifwink.png

JP  :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

Yes, normally that is how it should be but even in Western countries, when you read the fine print, they probably have an out written in there.

The bus is not a good option for me.  I'm already over doing it on this one day visa run.  I'm going to be dead tired!  My flight from Clark leaves at 0705, so I have to get up around 0300 or so.  Gets into Hong Kong at 0855.  Then maybe off to Disneyland by myself.  Then the flight back to Clark leaves at 2110 and arrives at 2310.  Drive home at midnightish.

I might have to bite the bullet and stay overnight in Hong Kong.  I really didn't want to because that will cost me more than the flight.  We have upcoming trips to Singapore and New Zealand, so I was trying to keep the cost down on this trip.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
The bus is not a good option for me.

Smart man OMW.................Shoot me before I take a bus in Metro :thumbsup:

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

Did u look into one way tickets on different airlines? Or how about a one way from Clark to HK, then a round trip originating in HK to Clark (as you need a follow on ticket to board)? Or a one way from HK to Clark with your Singapore or NZ tickets as your onward ticket?

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Did u look into one way tickets on different airlines? Or how about a one way from Clark to HK, then a round trip originating in HK to Clark (as you need a follow on ticket to board)? Or a one way from HK to Clark with your Singapore or NZ tickets as your onward ticket?

Actually this is on different airlines.  The morning flight to HK is on Cebu Pacific, and the return at night is on Tiger Air.  Cebu Pacific bought Tiger but they are not fully integrated.

I don't think there are any other HK options from Clark but I will double check.

I have my onward tickets covered with other flights.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Didn't CP change the name of Tiger Air and seperate their business from Tiger Air of Singapore?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Didn't CP change the name of Tiger Air and seperate their business from Tiger Air of Singapore?

I don't know all the details, but the Cebu Pacific part of Tiger Air is now CEBGO.

• Like 1