Looking For A Post Office Box

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I hope this is the correct forum.

I want to receive mail here and maybe even some items, is there a good shipping company here like ups where I can set up a po box?

I'm in the Tanauan area.

Thanks

chris49
Posted
Posted

I want to receive mail here and maybe even some items, is there a good shipping company here like ups where I can set up a po box?

I'm in the Tanauan area.

Thanks

Tanuan, Batangas is a fair size town, so there has to be a Post Office, sometimes within City Hall. Drop by in Municipal Hall and ask them.

I will not say good or bad, but if you live anywhere outside the city limits, they might have a delivery one aweek.

We use Air Express, Philippines branch of Federal Express, same guys that have a service there at the US Embassy 2nd Floor. As with any international company, they run a good show, sending out a van even with a small item. And they have a tracking capability even in a small town. I also used LBC and JRS, and 100% they are there in Tanuan. I think from Tanuan Central Market, just ask or Google search.

I like Air Express because of the Embassy service. We went in and met the guys and they know us. One funny thing about them, is that in a small operation they will close if any of the staff is out on delivery or business, eg the driver also works in the office. They will put a sign out telling you what time they will reopen.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm in the Tanauan area.

Thanks

Tanuan, Batangas is a fair size town, so there has to be a Post Office, sometimes within City Hall. Drop by in Municipal Hall and ask them.

I will not say good or bad, but if you live anywhere outside the city limits, they might have a delivery one aweek.

We use Air Express, Philippines branch of Federal Express, same guys that have a service there at the US Embassy 2nd Floor. As with any international company, they run a good show, sending out a van even with a small item. And they have a tracking capability even in a small town. I also used LBC and JRS, and 100% they are there in Tanuan. I think from Tanuan Central Market, just ask or Google search.

I like Air Express because of the Embassy service. We went in and met the guys and they know us. One funny thing about them, is that in a small operation they will close if any of the staff is out on delivery or business, eg the driver also works in the office. They will put a sign out telling you what time they will reopen.

Is it possible to get a po box or equivalent from air express and have all my mail sent there?

chris49
Posted
Posted

I would not know. I think the sender would have to use Fed Express USA.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised there is no ups here.

Thanks

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised there is no ups here.

https://www.ups.com/content/ph/en/contact/index.html

FYI  :thumbsup:

JPpost-2148-0-88858800-1440073476.png :tiphat:

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah but even in Manilla i have yet to see one if the brown trucks and I'm sure there aren't any where I am. Boy do I miss them. Amazon prime.. What I would give to have it here!

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Amazon prime.. What I would give to have it here!

Here is the deal with Amazon here in the Philippines. Now this is just my experience other might be different.

I have ordered through amazon several times. Delivery is between 3-4 week normally, but once it was 6 weeks. I got one of those "there is a package for you, you must go to the post office and pick it up" cards in the mail. I went to the post office, the package was produced still unopened and sealed. We opened it together (they had the scissors lolol) and we took out the packing slip. The post man looked at the Net amount (before taxes) on the amazon receipt multiplied that by 12.5% (I think that's what it was) which is the Philippine Value Added Tax (VAT), multiplied that by the current peso exchange rate. I paid it to them got a receipt and went on my way.

I was relatively new here at the time, and go to thinking that I got taken. So the next package I sat with the post master (really nice guy, has relatives in the states,,,,,,,,,you know all that stuff) and I asked him if I could see the regulation that covers  paying VAT on incoming packages. He whipped it out and sure enough, once you decipher all the bureaucratic nonsense, there it was. :cheersty:

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Amazon prime.. What I would give to have it here!

Here is the deal with Amazon here in the Philippines. Now this is just my experience other might be different.

I have ordered through amazon several times. Delivery is between 3-4 week normally, but once it was 6 weeks. I got one of those "there is a package for you, you must go to the post office and pick it up" cards in the mail. I went to the post office, the package was produced still unopened and sealed. We opened it together (they had the scissors lolol) and we took out the packing slip. The post man looked at the Net amount (before taxes) on the amazon receipt multiplied that by 12.5% (I think that's what it was) which is the Philippine Value Added Tax (VAT), multiplied that by the current peso exchange rate. I paid it to them got a receipt and went on my way.

I was relatively new here at the time, and go to thinking that I got taken. So the next package I sat with the post master (really nice guy, has relatives in the states,,,,,,,,,you know all that stuff) and I asked him if I could see the regulation that covers paying VAT on incoming packages. He whipped it out and sure enough, once you decipher all the bureaucratic nonsense, there it was. :cheersty:

Ouch, I won't be using that method for a lap top then.[emoji16]

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Might be cheaper to buy a laptop here and maybe good quality.Look online.