Looking For A Post Office Box

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, I know this has gotten off topic but this information is very helpful to me. I have a couple more questions.

I understand how someone could be busy and not be bothered to start a new topic, so long as you can understand that moderators may also be busy and haven't the time or inclination to move the posts to their own topic. Sometimes that means it easier to just hit the delete button . . sorry if that sounds grumpy but you admit taking the thread off topic and that is a pet peeve of management here. :cheersty:

Please DO start a new thread if you intend to discuss this further.

I run and work on forums on a daily basis and I understand but it really is sort of on topic or at least related. It is also useful.

Back on topic... I'm still not really finding an answer to my original question. Do any of the places above offer some type of a box where I can have my mail accumulate and I can pick it up at my leisure?

Thanks

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
some type of a box

Ritchie, I think what your looking for, some place like PX express, or Post Boxes R US, like they have in the states. More of a store front type thing where you can go in 24/7 that offer some basic office supplies, mail boxes and stuff like that.

In my 3 years here, in all the malls, and all the barangays I have been in I can not remember seeing one. Not saying they don't exist, just I think I know what you want and I have not noticed them.

Having said that, if there is such an animal I would bet they would be in major cities like Makati, and Ayala Alabang or BFC where there are condos galore.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I was relatively new here at the time, and go to thinking that I got taken. So the next package I sat with the post master (really nice guy, has relatives in the states,,,,,,,,,you know all that stuff) and I asked him if I could see the regulation that covers  paying VAT on incoming packages. He whipped it out and sure enough, once you decipher all the bureaucratic nonsense, there it was. :cheersty:

Adding VAT and custom fees is a common law in our home countries too (Sometimes not when it's under a minimum value.) It's an other question if the transporter bother or not.