Lets Cut Your Nails

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So are your nails trimmed and painted too, or do you have to do them yourselves

Tried it, don't like it, so I do it myself.  Takes me 30 seconds to cut my nails as opposed to 30 minutes for a manicure.  I also tried a pedofile or whatever it is where the take a file to the callouses on your feet and totally remove them.  DANG I hated that after.  All the callouses I had spent years building up from lots of walking were gone and I had tender tootsies for 6 months after and lots of blisters every time I walked. OOPs, its not called a pedofile its called a 'foot scrub' or some other euphemism for a file that removes skin from your feet.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Warning, rant alert......

Sorry guys but this Filipino doesn't go around with my finger and toe nails polished.  I would rather cut/trim

them myself and then spend the pesos on a couple of cold San Magoos instead.  What really turns me off

is a typical fruit stand vendor coming back from the nearest wall.  He then proceeds to cut your mango with

unwashed hands but at least his nails are trimmed and polished??  

Give me a freakin' break........

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't pay for it but my wife insists on doing it so I let her get her jollies. :)

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 2

riburn3
Posted
Posted

Without a doubt one of my favorite things about being in the Phils is dirt cheap Mani/Pedis, facials, and massages.  I basically never get anything but a message here in the US every month or so, but it's open season in the Philippines.  People can hate all they want but it's just downright delightful.  

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have asked my wife for a mani/pedi but she is scared she will hurt me.  She also has never had a professional mani/pedi done for fear it will hurt.

I used to get them in Mexico, on vacation, all the time.  Now that I live here I try to get a foot spa, mani/pedi every month.  For a proper job you have to get a ladyboy to do it.  Most women don't scrub hard enough or trim the cuticles enough.  Not sure why - it just seems to work out that way.

I did air conditioning work for over 20 years and never allowed myself to get any callouses (hands or feet).  I do magic and balloon twisting as hobbies and need my hands to look their best anyway.  (bad fingernails will pop balloons)   :tiphat:

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I have asked my wife for a mani/pedi but she is scared she will hurt me. She also has never had a professional mani/pedi done for fear it will hurt.

I used to get them in Mexico, on vacation, all the time. Now that I live here I try to get a foot spa, mani/pedi every month. For a proper job you have to get a ladyboy to do it. Most women don't scrub hard enough or trim the cuticles enough. Not sure why - it just seems to work out that way.

I did air conditioning work for over 20 years and never allowed myself to get any callouses (hands or feet). I do magic and balloon twisting as hobbies and need my hands to look their best anyway. (bad fingernails will pop balloons) :tiphat:

Tell her not to worry about hurting you. My wife hurts me all the time when she does it. [emoji79]
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I find that if I don't cut my fingernails at least once a week, the letters disappear from the keyboard.post-2148-0-79700200-1440666242.png

JP  :thumbsup:  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Oh! I didn't thought there are a lot of metrosexual* men here. Do you wax too?     :)

* =Men who get groomed at a level traditionaly common for women.

I don't want anyone to pamper my hands, but perhaps I will have to start get assistance with my toenails, because of my injury I have problem bending enough to cut them better than rough as I do now.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Far from metrosexual - just properly groomed  :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Far from metrosexual - just properly groomed  :tiphat:

That's what the metrosexuals say too   :)

They just have a much higher level than other men concerning what they count as "properly".

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1