Best And Worst Places In Philippines

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

Best place as I see is Caramoan but don't expect any fancy bars, pizza and burgers! What you get is white beaches, kayaking and a beer as well as the crystal clear ocean!

The negative side heavy typhoons during rainy season as well as crowded with people during holy week lol but thats not 2 many days of the year! :thumbsup:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Best place as I see is Caramoan but don't expect any fancy bars, pizza and burgers! What you get is white beaches, kayaking and a beer as well as the crystal clear ocean!

The negative side heavy typhoons during rainy season as well as crowded with people during holy week lol but thats not 2 many days of the year! :thumbsup:

That is on my list of places to visit. Looks like a great place to hire a boat and do some island hopping. Haven't there been some seasons of Survivor filmed on some of those islands?

Arild Sandberg
Posted
Posted

That is on my list of places to visit. Looks like a great place to hire a boat and do some island hopping. Haven't there been some seasons of Survivor filmed on some of those islands?

Yes it has!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
jai_ren
Posted
Posted

CEBU ONLY

best of metro Cebu's 6 cities : they're all horrible, but Lapu-Lapu is probably the least worst. Although very close this. Liloan is 2nd, although the two are very different.

worst of metro Cebu's 6 cities : this is much easier. It's Carcar although they keep changing their mind as to whether it's actually a city or not.

best of Cebu's provincial towns and cities (criteria : pop. above 20,000) : Argao.

worst of Cebu's provincial towns and cities (criteria : pop. above 20,000) : Madridejos. It's not unpleasant. It's just weird.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

CEBU ONLY

best of metro Cebu's 6 cities : they're all horrible, but Lapu-Lapu is probably the least worst. Although very close this. Liloan is 2nd, although the two are very different.

worst of metro Cebu's 6 cities : this is much easier. It's Carcar although they keep changing their mind as to whether it's actually a city or not.

best of Cebu's provincial towns and cities (criteria : pop. above 20,000) : Argao.

worst of Cebu's provincial towns and cities (criteria : pop. above 20,000) : Madridejos. It's not unpleasant. It's just weird.

Is this opinion from driving through or have you lived there? 

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Carcar is at least an hour south of Cebu City, don't see how you can call it "metro Cebu". I don't disagree that it's the worst though.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Carcar is at least an hour south of Cebu City, don't see how you can call it "metro Cebu".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Cebu

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Fully agree, Argao was a pleasant surprise, anything south of that is also nice, Carcar is horrible. 

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think this is going to be very subjective. If you are working online, the province is probably hell. If you love the beach the mountains are probably not your choice. If your budget is very tight but you need to live in the big city, your residence is probably not going to be the nicest. I think of the Philippines as the a-la-cart life. You can have just about anything you are willing/capable of paying for but you may not get everything that people take for granted elsewhere. :tiphat:

• Like 4

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Exploiting human misery wasn't what I had in mind. The very old churches which were severely damaged would be appropriate for tourists. Shortly after the quake there was a story in a local newspaper with accompanying photo of a place in Bohol where the land had risen 3 meters, so there was a new 3 meter wall of rock and dirt which went on for several kilometers. I want to see that.

Anchorage, Alaska's 'Earthquake Park' was a very interesting tourist attraction for the first 20 years after the 1964 Good Friday earthquake. They left the slumped and shelved earth slab slide to illustrate the power of mother nature.

• Like 1