Balikbayan Box. What Is The Strangest Thing You...................

stevewool
Posted
Posted

English humor you either get it or you just dont 

post-2574-0-03330600-1440849745_thumb.jp

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

And now back to Balikbayon Boxes :unsure:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Never thought of sending spam or rice - both are easily available here...

I have not sent anything odd, I guess.  I just sent my basic housewares when I moved over here (11 boxes).  On a recent visit to the US I sent back an assortment of Target items.  Shower head, pans, shoes... nothing odd.  Maybe next time  :tiphat:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was going to send one BB Box when I came over with one item in it but I figured it wasn't worth the cost... An over-sized hand-cranked salad spinner for small commercial use... Why? It could hold 2 pair of heavy jeans (40 inch waist) or 1 pair jeans, boxer briefs, large shirt and socks... All loose enough to spin slowly for a nice wash, rinse and then spin to almost dry... Yes, I used it as a portable washing machine!

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
hand-cranked salad spinner f

Check out  Kaufman's Hardware, in Kidron Ohio. They are a Mennonite store that caters to the local Amish community.  They had many hand cranked  washers. They also ship. Wonder if one would fit i n BB box, they have hand cranked ice cream makers to.they may do double duty.

• Like 2

Petey
Posted
Posted

I sent a model P50 U.S patrol boat from UK to Manila via balikbayan box. The thing is maybe 3ft long, with a detachable cover, once assembled stands about 1.5ft high. Other than a broken torpedo housing the thing was fine. Was wrapped in bubble wrap. The box itself was packed tight and everything was bupple wrapped. Any gaps was padded out with screwed up news paper. Out of 6 boxes 1 item was broken. Even the LCD TV made it here in one piece.

Was very impressed when it all got here and was all accounted for.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I sent a model P50 U.S patrol boat from UK to Manila via balikbayan box. The thing is maybe 3ft long, with a detachable cover, once assembled stands about 1.5ft high. Other than a broken torpedo housing the thing was fine. Was wrapped in bubble wrap. The box itself was packed tight and everything was bupple wrapped. Any gaps was padded out with screwed up news paper. Out of 6 boxes 1 item was broken. Even the LCD TV made it here in one piece.

Was very impressed when it all got here and was all accounted for.

Post a picture? Sounds like a very cool model.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I moved here I sent 3 BBB's maybe 1 month before I left (already had an address for the apartment I was moving into) .... mostly tools (wish I had sent 3 more boxes now) all my computer stuff ..... clothes etc. ..... nothing really strange or any appliances ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1