To Dye For In The Philippines, Or Is It?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Well my hair is as natural as it say's on the bottle!

The secret is not to leave it on to long before washing it off :thumbsup:

Painted nails indeed :no:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's some odd they look UP to old people,

but at the same time they want to look young  :)

virginprune
Posted
Posted

If you can carry it, then an acid green Mohican would be the way to go. Personally, I stick to a very natural white!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I went white/gray what ever colour you want to call it years ago, infact mid thirties i would say, does it bother me not a chance

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

My wife mentioned this to me and I told her I didn't have enough hair to worry about. I told her I never would anyways. For one thing recently they have had in the news that hair dye is causing cancer in some people, to include brain cancer. You can google this, it's all over the internet. I don't know where the Philippines get their hair dye, but if it's China I definitely wouldn't use hair dye. Plus hair dye can burn your hair and cause premature hair loss.

In the last 3 years my gray has become more profound, I'm a little rounder in the gut and face. I noticed my wife is starting to make subtle hints to my changes. I informed here Testosterone levels have been depleting 10% since I was 45 or so. That it is normal for men to get a little jelly belly as they get older because of this. I have loss muscle mass and I am not as active, retired. Of course she gave me a deer in the headlight look and stated I need to lose weight.

I informed her that you Filipinas marry us Expates for this reason or that, mostly they claim we are older and not likely to stray like a young Fil-man. I told her the reason we don't stray is the same reason we don't lose weight or look like we did in high school, repeating the science of it all. I told her if I was Thirty years old and in the Philippines, I would have never gotten married. I told her she should take me as I am or let me hit the road and find a Filipina that does. She never mention hair dye or new clothes, weight loss again. Love us or leave us, in the Philippines we won't be alone long!

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Forget dye for now, what about comb overs, do you have one, or have you shaven it off, pictures would be nice to

post-2574-0-91261800-1440950422_thumb.jppost-2574-0-31607500-1440950429_thumb.jppost-2574-0-68715200-1440950443_thumb.jppost-2574-0-51771600-1440950453_thumb.jp

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have to add this too, would warring  a wig be to silly in the Philippines with so much heat,rain, humility,sorry i ment humidity, surely it would look silly ,

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have much hair still. Many Filipinos see that as a sign of being criminal, which I hope I can get use of, scaring away some bad guys - OR they will perhaps shoot me to try to avoid competition   :mocking:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:attention: You gentlemen are just not using the right product.  It does cost a bit more but I recommend JUST FOR OLD MEN or a vinegar rinse which will make the hair

vibrant an shiny.  Just for old men comes in a six pack it is blue and diamond shaped. If used correctly your wife, significant other, or a total stranger will not comment on your hair.  Instead they will just giggle when others suggest to them that you dye. :dance:     

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I have much hair still. Many Filipinos see that as a sign of being criminal, which I hope I can get use of, scaring away some bad guys - OR they will perhaps shoot me to try to avoid competition   :mocking:

I know what you mean. When I let my moustache and goatee grow, she says that I look like a rapist. I just laugh and tell her, "  I am, now take off all your clothes because here I come"

Actually,  that is why I am clean shaven. She would never get used to me with facial hair.