To Dye For In The Philippines, Or Is It?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well laugh all you like but up to about a month ago I dyed my hair after every haircut. Finally I have given it up as I am so grey/silver/white that the dye only last a few weeks before the grey comes though. I have been dyeing my hair since maybe early thirties. I believe in my case it looked quite natural and I think it made me look younger but the idea was I just did not like being grey so early in life. I am 53 now.

The one thing I learned in life is that if something makes you feel better about yourself then don't give a rats arse what others think and do what you do for yourself and not for anyone else.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Any pictures of the before and after please

Petey
Posted
Posted

I have more hair on my chin than i do on my head.  :hystery: 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I thought you were going to say somewhere else  :mocking:

• Like 1

Petey
Posted
Posted

I thought you were going to say somewhere else  :mocking:

When i get the Ol Gandalf beard going i look like a dwarf with my head screwed on upside down :lol:

• Like 1

CebuBound
Posted
Posted

I used to color my hair. I had a smart hair lady who told me that women's hair dye is peroxide based and the dye colors every hair the same which looks unnatural. That looks OK on a painted lady but not a man. Rather than a dye she sold me a hair stain which colors every hair differently much as wood stain penetrates different parts of the wood differently leaving a wood texture/tone. I think it looked really natural. It was a medium brown, not a dark brown or black.

The issue with that is rather than grow out leaving roots, it faded some after a couple of weeks. The fading was subtle but eventually it would have been gone. I colored it after each haircut and it looked fine.

The product is Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi Permanent Color. (Most hair dye is very permanent and only the roots show as they grow out.) I used Medium Ash Brown color.

OK, here's a pic of me at about age 60 and yes I have that much hair and yes it's real except for the color, LOL. The color is real too but out of a bottle.   :tiphat:

post-5472-0-10483200-1441689988_thumb.jp

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I used to color my hair. I had a smart hair lady who told me that women's hair dye is peroxide based and the dye colors every hair the same which looks unnatural. That looks OK on a painted lady but not a man. Rather than a dye she sold me a hair stain which colors every hair differently much as wood stain penetrates different parts of the wood differently leaving a wood texture/tone. I think it looked really natural. It was a medium brown, not a dark brown or black.

The issue with that is rather than grow out leaving roots, it faded some after a couple of weeks. The fading was subtle but eventually it would have been gone. I colored it after each haircut and it looked fine.

The product is Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi Permanent Color. (Most hair dye is very permanent and only the roots show as they grow out.) I used Medium Ash Brown color.

OK, here's a pic of me at about age 60 and yes I have that much hair and yes it's real except for the color, LOL. The color is real too but out of a bottle.   :tiphat:

attachicon.gifShot 3.jpg

Damaged your face though.  :)

• Like 4

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thought something was missing.

c9248eaf11ef743e4f5bd79c3e45bcfe.jpg

Great hair!

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 4