Queen Elizabeth Ii Is Expected To Become The Longest Serving British Monarch On 9 September

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Queen Elizabeth II is expected to become the longest serving British monarch on 9 September.

When she reaches this date, the Queen will have reigned for longer than her great-great grandmother Queen Victoria, who sat on the throne for 63 years and 216 days.

Although impressive, both monarchs are roughly twenty years off from competing with the longest serving rulers of all time.

Three Cheers for Good Queen Bess   :999:    :999:    :999:

And THIS is the reason some of us expats will get together at WhyNot in Dumaguete for some beers on Sept 9.  WOT?  You thought we were going there anyway?   Hmmmm.  Just to show good faith we allow those who are not loyal subjects of Her Majesty to come to WhyNot and buy the beers to show their respect :cheersty:  .
Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

This is the best thing Great Britain has, the Royal Family, I LOVE THEM , well most, there are some stupid ones but hey every family has them,

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN,

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Good on her.................I don't really know why us Yank are fascinated by the Royals.........but we are :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

It's the history of Britain I find so interesting. God save the Queen.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Get on you Lizzie.

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

This will upset a lot here !! I am British but The Royal family ? Ok Yes the Queen and Prince Philip yes ok !!

William and Harry and their late Mother " what could have been ? "

But the rest of them well they are just a waste of money !! King in waiting Charles and the countrys favourite Queen in waiting Camilla

well come on !! then you have Air miles Andy !! the " I wont travel with the lower classes, wheres my helicopter ? "

and his always on Holiday daughters !! The best one who keeps out of most things is Edward !

yes ok so the Royals bring thousands of tourists to the UK

but they mainly want to see the Palaces and the changing of the Guard !!

sorry mates thats just my opinion

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

sorry mates thats just my opinion

I can imagine you and me then at Christmas lunch  post-2148-0-25117200-1441367510_thumb.jp  :hystery:

We all got an Opinion and we will still be friends EH?

JP :tiphat:  :)

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

The longest resident, on benefits, that lives in the biggest council house in England. They are German too, so that should get UKIP all hot and bothered.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The Queen . Prince Charles , Prince William and Harry , Fantastic long live the Queen , and then Long live the king

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

God save the Queen.

Prince Philip was 90 before he admitted...

...that he had been Mentioned in Despatches as the searchlight operator on board the battleship HMS VALIANT at the Battle of Cape Matapan, seventy years earlier.

Not bad.

• Like 1