Queen Elizabeth Ii Is Expected To Become The Longest Serving British Monarch On 9 September

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It is just that you have to be Born in the UK to be able to use the Prefix Sir or Dame Hence Bob Geldoff is just Plain Bob Geldoff KGB

Actually I must apologize here, The Requirement is being a Full British Citizen, one in Particular is our very own Sir Harold Webb (Cliff Richard)  who although is born of Full British Parents was born in Lahore in India ( Now Pakistan) where his father was a Senior Ranking Officer, During the World war II and had a Marital Posting just after ( HUH! as the Did)

Now if I may add here, IF and i say IF, a certain Mr Adi Amin of Uganda had taken British Nationality as was offered to him at that Time and he was Knighted he could have called himself SIR ( he demanded this anyway from his people) The rules have now Changed and it is 3rd Generation only for Full knighthood Honours.

Thank you letting me put this story straight.

Jack :thumbsup:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Well a lot of locals here call me Sir Kevin but I can`t remember going to Buckingham Palace, maybe I should talk to Roger next Wednesday see if he can clear it up.

I get that as well being called  Sir Bob :mocking:

• 4 weeks later...
stevewool
Posted
Posted

Queen Elizabeth II is expected to become the longest serving British monarch on 9 September.

When she reaches this date, the Queen will have reigned for longer than her great-great grandmother Queen Victoria, who sat on the throne for 63 years and 216 days.

Although impressive, both monarchs are roughly twenty years off from competing with the longest serving rulers of all time.

Three Cheers for Good Queen Bess   :999:    :999:    :999:

And THIS is the reason some of us expats will get together at WhyNot in Dumaguete for some beers on Sept 9.  WOT?  You thought we were going there anyway?   Hmmmm.  Just to show good faith we allow those who are not loyal subjects of Her Majesty to come to WhyNot and buy the beers to show their respect :cheersty:  .

Did any of you meet up to celebrate this great day and if you did please tell , if not well, ok then

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Did any of you meet up to celebrate this great day and if you did please tell , if not well, ok then

Yep Steve, it turned out that it was on the Same day as our last meet so we had a Double celebration and indeed Toasted "Lizzy"

See what you guys Missed. :)

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
See what you guys Missed.

now it may be celebrated every new day

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Well we are all delighted except for the Queen, who understandably didnt want to celebrate her father's early death from lung cancer (like many very shy men, called on to take up a public role, he was a heavy smoker) and carried on as usual. Specifically, opening a railiway in Scotland.

In other news, Wales beat England at Twickenham in the Rugby World Cup. Prince William was cheering on Wales and Prince Harry was cheering on England. Which would not matter except that if the Wallabies beat us in two hours time we are out of our own World Cup. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well we are all delighted except for the Queen, who understandably didnt want to celebrate her father's early death from lung cancer (like many very shy men, called on to take up a public role, he was a heavy smoker) and carried on as usual. Specifically, opening a railiway in Scotland.

Quite Agree but like so many Things when you get the Top Job People do expect a lot from you. God Bless her and many more Toasting days to her I hope.

• Like 1