Can I Put The Title To A Property In My Child's Name?

johnbarley
Posted
Posted

My child is 8 years old and a dual citizen of the Phillipines and Switzerland.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I doubt you own the Property to do that as I guess you are not a Filipino Citizen but in a short answer No. not until your daughter is 18, your wife would be the Executor untill then, so what would be the gain when it will eventually become hers anyway?post-2148-0-96269100-1442375641.png

JP post-2148-0-65008500-1442375662.png

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Ask ten attorneys and receive 10 different answers.....

Perhaps there is somebody here able to help. For what its worth I have head yes possible how ever if you pass over before your wife complications will occur. This is not intended as advice just what I have heard.

Perhaps an attorney specializing in property law can advise. 

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm just guesing but if your child was born in the Philippines then I think it would be possible to include her in the title along with your wife if she was born in the Philippines also.

Just a wild guess.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'm assuming the property is in the Philippines but maybe not. I was just going out on a limb in guessing.

You can leave the property to her in a WILL.

This is not the place to seek legal help. We are just Expats.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I doubt you own the Property to do that as I guess you are not a Filipino Citizen but in a short answer No. not until your daughter is 18, your wife would be the Executor untill then, so what would be the gain when it will eventually become hers anyway?attachicon.gifwink.png

JP attachicon.gifpompus.png

Yes, but there are restrictions what an Executor are allowed to do, so it's SOME better than having it in the wife's name   :)

A friend of mine did it over 30 years ago. I don't know if the law is changed since then. 

It's still in his eldest daughter's name without trouble, but no one have questioned it, and I don't know if it would be trouble if it had been questioned.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You can leave the property to her in a WILL.

If this House is in the Philippines, it will Automatically become hers as First Inheritor so no need for a Will entry.

JPpost-2148-0-55887300-1442403917.png

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

OK! wife is home now I can Confirm, Our Daughter is on our Title Deed as a Co owner But and there is always a But. She has No rights per say until she is 18. Azon has Control over her share until then and that is 50% cos I got nothing but Debt on it  :hystery:

My name is only on there because neither of them can sell without my Signature But Hey! That counts for nothing here post-2148-0-19185100-1442404237.png It was done years ago to stop Predators  :thumbsup:  

JP

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I would also research the Philippine rules of inheritance, they are positively byzantine lolol.

• Like 3