Can I Put The Title To A Property In My Child's Name?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
My name is only on there because neither of them can sell without my Signature

They wouldn't, because they luvs ya, but there have been foreigners who had their name on the title (as husband to  . . . ) and as soon as the husband leaves the country for a week then the house gets sold.  But as I have said before, the strength of our name on the title is directly related to the strength of our relationships.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

You can leave the property to her in a WILL.

If this House is in the Philippines, it will Automatically become hers as First Inheritor so no need for a Will entry.

JPattachicon.gifwink.png

Good to know since my stepson will inherit our home here and my wife's other property.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

1The key word as I see it there and here in Thailand is 'expat' or that lovel word 'alien' = beam me up Scotty

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
johnbarley
Posted
Posted

My child is 8 years old and a dual citizen of the Phillipines and Switzerland.

I doubt you own the Property to do that as I guess you are not a Filipino Citizen but in a short answer No. not until your daughter is 18, your wife would be the Executor untill then, so what would be the gain when it will eventually become hers anyway?attachicon.gifwink.png

JP attachicon.gifpompus.png

I do not own the property. I would buy it from the developer and put my child as the sole owner on the title. The question is whether a minor can be the sole holder of a property title.

I am not really worried about her mother too much.

johnbarley
Posted
Posted

OK! wife is home now I can Confirm, Our Daughter is on our Title Deed as a Co owner But and there is always a But. She has No rights per say until she is 18. Azon has Control over her share until then and that is 50% cos I got nothing but Debt on it  :hystery:

My name is only on there because neither of them can sell without my Signature But Hey! That counts for nothing here attachicon.gifwink.png It was done years ago to stop Predators  :thumbsup:  

JP

Hi, would it be possible for your daughter to be the sole owner?

How did you make it so that your signature is required in order for the owner to sell?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK! wife is home now I can Confirm, Our Daughter is on our Title Deed as a Co owner But and there is always a But. She has No rights per say until she is 18. Azon has Control over her share until then and that is 50% cos I got nothing but Debt on it  :hystery:

My name is only on there because neither of them can sell without my Signature But Hey! That counts for nothing here attachicon.gifwink.png It was done years ago to stop Predators  :thumbsup:  

JP

Hi, would it be possible for your daughter to be the sole owner?

How did you make it so that your signature is required in order for the owner to sell?

You can but unwise, she may be pressured to sell under your Feet.

We put our Daughter my wife and myself on the Deeds. all 3 Signatures are required for selling.

Although we as Foreigners can never own the land by Having your name on the deed as the Husband of the owner it makes it Harder to sell if things go wrong. of course there is always a way round this but in the main it is some safeguard.

Having your daughter as sole Owner can create many problems that you will encounter at a later Stage.

Inheritance is a Nightmare and I am not sure about up inheritance if God Forbid your daughter went before you and you are not on the Deed.

Like so many things, Legal Advice is needed on the issue of Land and Property.

Jack :thumbsup:

Edit to Add. bearing in Mind that your daughter would need to be 18 and above to own outright she would need to have someone to act as power of attorney til then and that can create further problems as I don't think you can act as this as a foreigner.

Edited to add.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You can but unwise, she may be pressured to sell under your Feet.

John I have spoken to an old friend earlier and have permission from him to tell his Story We will call him James for now, he was a previous member here on the Forum so some may remember the Story from before. James Built a House with his wife of 6 years and was not that much Younger, about 9 years I think, anyway there were rumours  and they went through a sticky time. Then out of the Blue came a  Son of 16, Where she had hidden him I know not but it transpired that to save the day they would put the House in the Boys name. All was well for 2/3 years, then one day the Bank arrived at the House with an Eviction order. The Boy had raised with the help of a Cousin 2nd and 3rd Mortgages on the property and had Defaulted. The rest of the Story is I think a little personal to put here but I was just illustrating what Could happen.  :unsure: Not even thinking it would But..................Beware. Obviously we don't know why you would want to do this but there is usually a reason for it.   

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1