Pension House

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Pension House versus HotelAnyone stayed in a pension house? Would you do it again or opt for a hotel? :23_11_59[1]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Pension House versus HotelAnyone stayed in a pension house? Would you do it again or opt for a hotel? :23_11_59[1]:
My wife and I have stayed at numerous pension houses while traveling around the Philippines and we found that there was little difference between most of them and most lower priced hotels. The least expensive rooms in most usually had no view and sometime no windows but many had other amenities. For instance Shamrock in Cebu city had excellent security with cameras in the halls and you could see who was downstairs on your room TV. Most we could recommend and I would just suggest cleaning the A/C filter upon check in because we have found that the maintenance was not a priority.So yes we would do it again in all but one, we would never stay at the Manila Townhouse so called Hotel again because there were so many roaches and many were so big that they could have carried the bed away and many of them were also running out of the kitchen the one day we stayed there. Disgusting IMHO. In fact, here is one of them now. lol

andre007
Posted
Posted

I have stayed at several throughout the Philippines. Yes I would stay again. I wonder what is the big difference if any between the two.

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

As I continue the search for accommodation for my up coming one month stay I found that I can get a good deal at Pacific Pension,now the question is has anyone stayed there before?Location seems fine,even email replys to my questions from them is a plus.Rates for one month Standard: 18500Premiere: 21500standard rooms -located on 3rd and 4th floor, has cable tv, ensuite bathroom and airconditionedPremiere rooms - located on the 1st and 2nd floor, has hot and cold shower, and all the amenities of the standard roomhttp://www.pacificpensionne.com/

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

One of my clients,an Australian, on another forum called "wirraway" has stayed long term at Pacific Pension and rates it highly - maybe contact him.I stayed at Casa Rosario a long time ago and thought it quite good.Paul

Bundok
Posted
Posted
Pension House versus HotelAnyone stayed in a pension house? Would you do it again or opt for a hotel? :1 (72):
Stayed in many pension Houses.Typically less expensive than hotels.Like Hotels, some better than others.Do the research as best you can with internet sites, trip advisor and P.I.forums....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know this place, driven by it many times never been inside. It's on a busy side street ten min walk from the circle, nice looking place from the outside. Not far to Mc Donalds and Starbucks.Fuente Pension is good I have been in one of the rooms there. Has a good reputation too. It's also on a side street, but is quiet for being near to the trafic circle.FUENTE PENSION13 Don Julio Llorente St., Cebu City(63-32)253-4133

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Pension House versus HotelAnyone stayed in a pension house? Would you do it again or opt for a hotel? :1 (72):
Stayed in many pension Houses.Typically less expensive than hotels.Like Hotels, some better than others.Do the research as best you can with internet sites, trip advisor and P.I.forums....
Yep been doing a lot of research,problem is with like "trip adviser" is that different people have different experiences including different expectations.Some things don't change also,like I spoke to a member of another forum that ancientrocker mentioned in another post,anyway on trip adviser a few guest said about an ant problem at Pacific pension,these reviews were a few moths old or more, anyway I asked that member since he was living at the pension house if ants were a problem,he said he just uses some sort of powder to kill them.So after many months of ants they are still there,don't get me wrong I sometimes get ants here where I live but a bit of ant rid,a few days later there gone and not seen for a long time.My point is that some of the guest put the place down because of ants where other gave it good reviews.

samatm
Posted
Posted

I vote with Mr. Lee...The Manila Townhouse was a disgusting experience...Roaches as big as rats and Rat the size of Cat...not too mention load eathy types partying hard in the cantina into early AM. I hope Bill has cleaned it up...seems a very decent guy.I also vote with AncienPaul..Casa Rosario in Cebu has treated me very well. free Wifi in rooms with good signal. honest (my son left his DS game...and was returned to him our next stay 3 months later). Foood -- so so..but lots of places to eat next door. Great Coffee shop next door...brown cup. Pizza and Thai.. Safe neighborhood.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, they returned the DS game for you! That says a lot for the place.

I vote with Mr. Lee...The Manila Townhouse was a disgusting experience...Roaches as big as rats and Rat the size of Cat...not too mention load eathy types partying hard in the cantina into early AM. I hope Bill has cleaned it up...seems a very decent guy.I also vote with AncienPaul..Casa Rosario in Cebu has treated me very well. free Wifi in rooms with good signal. honest (my son left his DS game...and was returned to him our next stay 3 months later). Foood -- so so..but lots of places to eat next door. Great Coffee shop next door...brown cup. Pizza and Thai.. Safe neighborhood.