i am bob
Posted
Posted

Nice!

RBM
Posted
Posted

Nice!

Thanks Bob, unfortunately the front pic did not come out so well, it's second to last, for some reason it uploaded two of the back...Guess I screwed up here.

Was it worth it, for the other half yes.....for me if I was honest no, just to much of an ordeal.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Nice!

We have not used any timber other than doors and joinery which is laminated, will get eaten but expect 10 years first. Looked at plastic how ever must be made in China and shipped over. Could be alternatives unknown to us.
Aluminium is an alternative. I like the LOOK of wood best, but aluminium don't change shape as wood do by the moist so it's much less risk aluminimum framed get stucked.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Very nice. Our builder favors PVC window frames.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Where in the Philippines did you build your house? What is your address? When's the party?

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
We started with an engineer highly recommended by the land vendor and an ex pat whom he had built a house for. We since found out one and possibly two received commission. To close our deal he offered P12k per sq meter which is just not possible.

Too bad most of the learning was ex post facto.

The whole "recommended by" is one giant set up. Per your previous post there was a lot to be learned on this project.

RBM? No trees in the area? That house is going to be heavily susceptable to the heat? How about solar energy, probably 200k to put in a system?

It looks like the roof (steel frame?) will be good long term. There is supposed to be a 1-2 year warranty by agreement on that. If it starts leaking they should be the ones to repair it?

RBM
Posted
Posted

We started with an engineer highly recommended by the land vendor and an ex pat whom he had built a house for. We since found out one and possibly two received commission. To close our deal he offered P12k per sq meter which is just not possible.

Too bad most of the learning was ex post facto.

The whole "recommended by" is one giant set up. Per your previous post there was a lot to be learned on this project.

RBM? No trees in the area? That house is going to be heavily susceptable to the heat? How about solar energy, probably 200k to put in a system?

It looks like the roof (steel frame?) will be good long term. There is supposed to be a 1-2 year warranty by agreement on that. If it starts leaking they should be the ones to repair it?

Yes distinct lact of trees, we have been flat out planting. We factored this in when buying, last couple places we rented we experienced considerable problems with locals burning, trying enjoy coffee and chocking. This was a strong factor.

Our area is elevated and heat is definitely no problem, quite the opposite. Temp gauge in car port never been over 29 and at night need sheet no fan. Now at 7.30am it's 27.

Chris our office fitted medium Excel roof which they said lasts around 7 years as on the beach. That was 13 years ago and no leaks, they have replaced the gutters many times, hence went plastic.

Yes a huge expensive learning factor, also mentally. Could never do it again, the cheating and lieing was to much.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Very nice. Our builder favors PVC window frames.

Whish I knew about this sounds the perfect answer......alas to late.Our biggest window stress is the swing doors, so far unable to find a successful stopper to hold open. Last week bought two door closers from citi hardware at p1700 each which they said will do it. Now need get el fatso to fit..

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Our best, perhaps only good purchase was the solar water heater from citi hardware, I still kinda figure there must be a heater in it. Even after a week of rain water is warm, amazing and I recommend to anyone. We lashed out and bought the top of the line Ravoni shower with all the trimmings, this with the solar water was difinitely no mistake, love the early am showering.

• Like 4