Pull Over Sir

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I wonder if you would of had to take driver training or was that just a ruse to get you to pay up.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I wonder if you would of had to take driver training or was that just a ruse to get you to pay up.

They do have centers for driver training but I thought it only took 1 day 

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Which brings another query would they Evan have the authority to enforce such a thing

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Which brings another query would they Evan have the authority to enforce such a thing

post-2148-0-47749100-1444958960.gif OK! I will go for it, Do you mean Training or Testing?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I asked this question of a relative who works for our Barangay. I was confused about the difference of Sworn Police officer (PNP) City Police and Barangay patrol and traffic enforcers. This is what I got.

Barangays can make any traffic rules (not laws) as long as thy fall in line with City ordinances. For example: if the city has an ordinance on the books that allows it to require vehicles to have a permit to drive on a certain road a Barangay can enforce that on any of its roads. We had a local Barangay do this to a road that everyone in the "city" used as a short cut. They just closed it off to everyone but Barangay residents.

So bottom line is that yes, Barangay and City traffic enforcers do have the weigh of the law behind them. They have the power to ticket, confiscate licenses and "detain" pending the arrival of the PNP to make an arrest. Our Barangay even has a detention cell.

Now having said all this, the answer may vary depending on who you ask, you might get a completely different answer, but that's what I got.

• Like 5

DavidK
Posted
Posted

I sure as heck haven't seen any Filipino drivers that have had driver training. The jeepney and taxi drivers especially.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
I sure as heck haven't seen any Filipino drivers that have had driver training

Dave, here in the Metro, drivers training schools are all over, and like at home student drivers are a menace on the road. The thing is almost every driving school has decked out their cars with decals, strips and big numbers on the side. I swear by all that's holy they look exactly like those rally race cars........................maybe that part of the problem :hystery:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
here in the Metro, drivers training schools are all over,

There is also a driver training school in Duma.  They drive around in a Toyota Wigo and many of the foreigners send their wives to them for training.  So far they seem to be doing a good job.  But its what they learn AFTER they finish driver training that counts, and unfortunately that involves "monkey see, money do"

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

I should warn you guys that if you have donated in the past, make sure that ticket was NOT process through LTO.  Judy found out as she was being process to leave for US (her green card expired), we had to make a hasty run to Batangas to clear her driving record.  The parking ticket was actually submitted by a PNP traffic cop without our knowledge -- 1.500 pesos to expedite clearance.

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Driving classes in the Philippines? Almost as funny as them trying to teach the world about Economics and how to run a government that isn't corrupt to the bone.  haha

I should warn you guys that if you have donated in the past, make sure that ticket was NOT process through LTO.  Judy found out as she was being process to leave for US (her green card expired), we had to make a hasty run to Batangas to clear her driving record.  The parking ticket was actually submitted by a PNP traffic cop without our knowledge -- 1.500 pesos to expedite clearance.

• Like 2