Who Is In Charge At Home. You Or Her?

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

She can also manage a complete run through a supermarket without my presence.

I bet that pleases her No End.  :hystery:  Sorry Chris but Really, you make her sound like a First Grader.

So Jack. As you have said your wife is a career woman, college graduate, smart, successful.

Gina lived her whole life in a remote province, had never had exposure to anything until 4 years ago,

You are lucky, your wife has the experience, doesn't need your presence.

How about the others?

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have to give this more thought.  My first reaction is that she is in charge, but the more I think about it, the less certain I become.

She is doubtless the planner, but the reason she is successful at that is because she knows that we are not at crosspurposes.  She knows that I am on board and can be relied on to work out the details, so she defers to me quite a bit.

I would be more on the long term plan with goals, while Gina is one the short term. Sometimes she can't see the big picture, but she's good in the daily management.

Sometimes however when you work out the details, they forget that is was your basic idea.

A long time ago I said, in another post, that we will go down to Mc Donalds once a month, twice maximum. When she's out of the house and possibly a bit more relaxed, the communication is much better. Meetings at home are prone to distraction or interruption.

• Like 2