Sailing -- Free Ride Off Mother Nature

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Man, you guys make sailing sound like FUN!  I have always been adventurous and pretty athletic, but have never tried sailing. Would love to try it! Is there such a Hobie or sailboat where a 2nd person can ride as a passenger and not have to actually help sail?  Thanks guys!  Love this forum! 

Hello Bob,

It's quite obvious that my passion or addiction is being out in the open waters, sailing all day when the winds are howling! Just like Chris49 riding his bike for miles and miles, Frosty, Methersgate, Thomas, Scott H, Old55 and I (did I miss anybody else?) will always get that itch to go out during whitecaps conditions (about 12k of wind) and push the envelope to the point of abusing the sailboat.....he, he.

Teaching is another one of my passion, having taught every one of my family how to read the winds and take advantage of it.  My wife Judy for example took the Hobie out with one of her girlfriends, while I watched them through the binoculars. At a distance of 500 yards from the beach, Judy dumped the Hobie with both of them thrown into the water.  Within a few seconds, this guy on a nice speed boat came over to assist.  The mast is airtight, which made it easy for the guy to simply raise the top of mast out of the water.

The girls scurried back on board, waving and giggling at the same time.  When they came back, I ask what was that all about.  The girlfriend felt embarrassed and confessed finally that she had the hots for the guy.  Not surprisingly, Judy played along.  

I'm sure there are nearby beach resorts in your area that has Hobie cats or other sail boats for rentals and sailing instructions.  Just like learning how to ride a bicycle, it becomes natural, everything committed to muscle memory. Please go out and try it.....it will be one of your important landmarks enjoying the tropical waters of the Philippines.  

Respectfully -- Jake  

PS -- I could have you sailing solo in just one afternoon.  The hardest part is you not spilling any of your beer!

Funny thing here you don't see a lot of sailboats out and about, would really like to get my hands on a Hobie Cat but it's only wishful thinking, sometimes we go down to the beach and you see all that water with a good breeze and not a sail in sight.

I see the new Hobie Cats now have a little compartment built into one of the hulls so you can store you beer and ice, it's down aft too so in easy reach.

I would love to find a Hobie Cat in Cebu somewhere :)

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Frosty,

Forget about that beer......it's down aft, so within easy reach too:

post-686-0-98894100-1445825119_thumb.jpg  Richard Branson

Gotta love them Brits!  

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hey Frosty,

Forget about that beer......it's down aft, so within easy reach too:

attachicon.gifRichard Branson Kite Sailing with some added weight.jpg  Richard Branson

Gotta love them Brits!  

Geez Jake makes sailing look boring, some guys have all the fun :cheers:

• Like 3