Bohol & Oslob

JustB
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I'm back again looking for more advice on where to go/stay.

FP (Filippina Princess) & I are now in Cebu for 3 weeks & I really want to visit Bohol but am not sure where to stay, so any suggestions? Ideally somewhere nice & clean, close to the beach/restaurants & not cost any more than the arm & leg I have left after paying for our Singapore trip following this one [emoji15].

Really want to spend 3 or 4 days there & a couple of days in Oslob swimming with whale sharks so would also appreciate any thoughts/ suggestions on whether to do...

- Cebu City (Lahug) - Oslob return, then CC to Bohol return

- Cebu City to Oslob, then on to Bohol before returning to CC

- Cebu City to Bohol, then on to Oslob before returning to CC (my thinking currently).

Any tips pointers greatly appreciated [emoji4]

Thanks Again guys

Cheers

JB

Edited by JustB

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
a couple of days in Oslob swimming with whale sharks

The only thing that comes to mind is that the 'swim with the whale sharks' is an organized and government licensed deal that only goes out in the mornings so you will likely have to stay in Oslob and get an early start.

This is second hand info from guys who have done it.  I never felt the need to swim with the whale sharks.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

The only thing that comes to mind is that the 'swim with the whale sharks' is an organized and government licensed deal that only goes out in the mornings so you will likely have to stay in Oslob and get an early start.

This is second hand info from guys who have done it.  I never felt the need to swim with the whale sharks.

Well, at least I wouldn't swim during my period.....he, he.

• Like 4

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

If you're feeling a bit adventurous, after Oslob, you could look at doing the Argao to Loon route to Bohol, or, cross to the west coast of Cebu and check out Moalboal, Kawasan falls etc.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Oslob whale shark tour is surprisingly well organized and ran. We found it interesting and worthwhile. The tour takes about 45 minutes  you may actually get into the water with them. I think once you have done the tour there would be little reason to hang around.

It's a three hour drive from Lahug depending on traffic and road construction. You will want to depart about 4AM arriving ~7AM the sharks are active feeding early morning. I would get there no later than 9AM or so.

About half a click south of the tour on the water side of the road is a large parking area with nice food stalls and tourist junk. The seafood there is great! 

Tumalog falls is a short distance north on the way home. You ride on the back of a motor bike down a very steep hill to the falls. Fun side trip. 

The Church in Boljoon has a nice museum maybe 30 north of the falls.

Gusincebu is right a side trip to Moalboal maybe of interest to you if you like to snorkel or dive. It is an amazing dive site.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Kawasan falls is a short distance north on the way home. You ride on the back of a motor bike down a very steep hill to the falls. Fun side trip

Kawasan Falls is on the other side of the island, south of Moalboal. What you're describing is Tumalog Falls - Oslob.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

If you're feeling a bit adventurous, after Oslob, you could look at doing the Argao to Loon route to Bohol

The Taloot, Argao ferry to Bohol goes to Tagbiliran, not Loon since the 2013 earthquake (despite what the sign on the highway says). There are 2 R/T per day, here are the times and prices. The bottom 2 trips are Optional, they usually don't run.

post-575-0-68973100-1445735348_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

Cheers mate, it was only a suggestion .. hate to be the purveyor of misinformation.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You raise a good point about the ferry to Argao. Bohol is a major tourist attraction, as is the whale shark thing. They should advertise that crossing, make it a package. They should also stop charging “foreigners” double. There would be less GT vans bringing tourists from and to Cebu City/Oslob. Most of them drive very fast; many pass on blind curves, I’ve almost met quite a few head-on. No regulation at all. Just a matter of time before another horrific accident like the Planet Adventure one in Moalboal.

• Like 3

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

Another good option if you're travelling down that way with a girl, is a visit to the Simila Shrine / Church in Sibonga. Can be a bit boring for the guy, but potential to win lots of brownie points from the girl :) .

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk