Alcohol Intake!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-43357900-1445734335.gif Hmmmmmmmmmmm I know that most of us enjoy a beer or two and some a glass or two of Wine or whatever ( yes I also understand & acknowledge that there are some abstainers) but I have a Question please. [ Google is playing me up today keeps telling me strange things are happening on my Browser] I can't get the answer in a way I would Normally so I come here to the Panel :)

Can anyone tell me the recommended intake of Alcohol per week?

Is it split to a daily intake.?

Does Body mass take things into effect?

Jack  :tiphat:

Morning all  post-2148-0-91405600-1445734697.gif  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I believe it is in the region of 21 units for a man, per week.....I read that as 21 bottles of beer. A unit is half a pint of beer, a small glass of wine or a single shot of spirit. I don't drink anywhere near that amount.....well maybe sometimes!

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

[ Quote]I don't drink anywhere near that amount.....well maybe sometimes!

post-2148-0-43178000-1445736815_thumb.pn Cheers, it is the bit in red that gets me in trouble.

Jack  :thumbsup:

Sunday morning Edit   :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism;

No more than 3-4 standard drinks per drinking episode, no more than 9 drinks per week for women and 12-14 for men. Also, moderate drinking means limiting how fast you drink and, as a result, keeping your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below .055 (.08 is the DWI limit in all states in the U.S.).

Standard drink is one 12 oz beer ~5% alcohol. 

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

As a formal US Navy sailor, I'm way below average stated above.  By myself, maybe two beers in one sitting but with you guys in the near future, perhaps a pitcher of MoJo, chased with a beer or two, finger food with the GRO's (guest relation officers), one more pitcher and then someone take me home to mama.  

Where I would get a can of whoop ass until it hurts so good......dang, I'm a light weight.  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Can anyone tell me the recommended intake of Alcohol per week?

Would that not depend on whether the individual had diabetes, previous stroke or heart attack, or other health problems?

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

The Bureau of Alochol Lovers have advised that  you should think of what is suitable, then double it!!!!!!

Don't worry Jack, be happy

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

The Bureau of Alochol Lovers have advised that  you should think of what is suitable, then double it!!!!!!

Don't worry Jack, be happy

I'll drink to that, :cheersty:

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:cheersty:  :nudie:  :540:

Remember anything worth doing

is worth doing to excess.

Yes body weight has to do with amount of alcohol need to become drunk; though the standard keeps moving.  in the US it went from .015-.01-.008 and now talk of reducing to .005.

2 drinks then 1 per hour to maintain.

The do gooders keep making it easier to get drunk.

:chickendance: 

​Then since the revenue is down they raise taxes to compensate.

:bonk: They should just relax and have a drink. :89: 

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I believe it is in the region of 21 units for a man, per week.....I read that as 21 bottles of beer. A unit is half a pint of beer, a small glass of wine or a single shot of spirit. I don't drink anywhere near that amount.....well maybe sometimes!

I thought it's 2 units a day, but don't have a source. I always tried to follow that but would naturally go over more than under.

For some reason mine came to a halt about 6 months ago. After the incident with the brandy and the motorbike. I never think about it now and my consumption is maybe one bottle of pilsen a  month or zero.  No wine, because have not bought any, but will have some when I get around to it.