Alcohol Intake!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I believe it is in the region of 21 units for a man, per week.....I read that as 21 bottles of beer. A unit is half a pint of beer, a small glass of wine or a single shot of spirit. I don't drink anywhere near that amount.....well maybe sometimes!

I thought it's 2 units a day, but don't have a source. I always tried to follow that but would naturally go over more than under.

For some reason mine came to a halt about 6 months ago. After the incident with the brandy and the motorbike. I never think about it now and my consumption is maybe one bottle of pilsen a  month or zero.  No wine, because have not bought any, but will have some when I get around to it.

The recommendation for women is 14-21 units a week, for men it is 21-28 units per week. This info is from drinkaware.co.uk

chris49
Posted
Posted

I have sports friends in Australia who claim to drink 5-6 beers a day. Or if per your reference, 4 half pints or 4 shots, 4 glasses of wine, daily. At my age that would be excessive. 75 kg ako, with a reasonable tolerance of alcohol in my younger years.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I only have an occasional drink these days but I would have a little more if u could find some tonic water. I love gin and tonic but so far have not seen tonic.

In my younger years I was a bit of a lush at times and is have at least a couple drinks every night. Sometimes more but that was a long time ago. I'm a good boy now and a light weight.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I only have an occasional drink these days but I would have a little more if u could find some tonic water. I love gin and tonic but so far have not seen tonic.

In my younger years I was a bit of a lush at times and is have at least a couple drinks every night. Sometimes more but that was a long time ago. I'm a good boy now and a light weight.

She keeps you well shielded. But I guess you don't have a major supermarket there? Pure Gold has it, along with ginger ale. Schweppes and other brands,

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I've looked in there pure gold not I must always miss it. When ever I ask about it they take me to tubig(water).

Which isle is it in? I never find it where the soda is.

chris49
Posted
Posted

There at the end where they have the single drinks eg  single tin coke, there in that area. Not where they sell the 6 pack or by carton.

• Like 1