Observations From Living 5 Months In The Philippines

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Spot on Ron ,its the same in Cebu only the traffic moves a bit faster.

chris49
Posted
Posted
- I've driven everything from a go-cart to an 18 wheeler. I will not drive here in Manila. I'm afraid. I'm deathly afraid.

I lived about 7-8 km south of you, or if you took the Commonwealth extension even closer. A few km south of SM Fairview. I moved up north 4 years ago.

I had my own car, I drove everywhere for 6 years. It is much easier than it looks and part of the challenge is selecting the travel time.

Cold water? I did have an electric water heater, but I got used to the cold. Sure it can be a bit bracing. Here in the province it's all cold except Gina will add hot water now and then.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Let me add. I don't drink much now but even so, don't ever open a bottle at home and expect you won't be surrounded by friends and neighbours.

Jake
Posted
Posted

These are just a few of my observations from being boots on the ground in the Philippines for 5 months.

Anyways, I hope I brought a smile to someone's face. Please add your own lessons learned. I will update as my experiences broaden.

Eez more pun in the Pilippines!

Ron.

Triple LIKE Ron!

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Learn to regard cold showers as "a cheap thrill."

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hahahaha love it mate, my longest stay has only ever been 3 months.  With your permission I'm gonna quote this on fb :)

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
- I've driven everything from a go-cart to an 18 wheeler. I will not drive here in Manila. I'm afraid. I'm deathly afraid.
''

Would you believe I think the traffic is worse in Jakarta and Bangkok?

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Personally, I'm looking forward to the brown outs-as I see the glass half full in this situation :dance:

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

- "No stock sir" is a polite way of saying "I don't have a friggin clue what your talking about"

I think there's a lot of truth to this. Often Filipinos don'e know the word you are using, you don't understand their description, and it is just easier to say they are out of stock.

• Like 1