Pork Prices Per Kilo (Fresh Kill)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:)  A little while ago, I went to a neighbours and they had this morning Slaughtered, I got some Nice Leanish cuts @ 1.69 per Kilo, my Wife said Well done, I guess I chose some good Cuts but what about the price was that good too? she smiled again.

So, did I do well on Price?

I don't often shop on my own But I think I was in the right place, at the right time, saying the right thing, to the right person for once :thumbsup:

Jack  :unsure:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

:)  A little while ago, I went to a neighbours and they had this morning Slaughtered, I got some Nice Leanish cuts @ 1.69 per Kilo, my Wife said Well done, I guess I chose some good Cuts but what about the price was that good too? she smiled again.

I don't often shop on my own But I think I was in the right place, at the right time, saying the right thing, to the right person for once :thumbsup:

Fresh pork here in the market is 190 per kilo. So I don`t know if you got a deal as such but you did get to choose the cuts at least.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Wife said Well done

Maybe she was referring to how she wanted you to cook it.   :rolleyes:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife not only will not let me buy in the market, she makes me stand around the corner when she buys.  :unsure:   We have lived here for two years and everyone knows she is married to the kano, so why do I still have to hide?  :hystery:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have lived here for two years and everyone knows she is married to the kano, so why do I still have to hide? 

They are just not still used to you yet post-2148-0-23752100-1446366889_thumb.jp  :hystery: which one are you again?

Ooooops sorry.

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am sure price varies somewhat by island, but here we have almost no difference between stores.  At the wet market meat (beef/pork/chicken/fish) is p180/kilo.  At the grocery store it is p180/kilo.  When they neighbors kill a pig it is p160/kilo.  A little cheaper than the stores - but not much.  Looks like you got a pretty good price.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Fresh pork here in the market is 190 per kilo. So I don`t know if you got a deal as such but you did get to choose the cuts at least.

Yes Kev I picked my own Cuts and seems I did well at it, a Butcher I Am certainly not but listening to others here I had a good Idea of what to look for  :thumbsup:

Jack  :)

chris49
Posted
Posted

My wife not only will not let me buy in the market, she makes me stand around the corner when she buys.  :unsure:   We have lived here for two years and everyone knows she is married to the kano, so why do I still have to hide?  :hystery:

Yes that's silly. I don't tag along, but there might be a round out discount of 5-10 pesos or they give a few grams over the kg. It's enough your wife is in the market with money in hand, everyone knows the story.

I was lucky to get out of the marketing a few years ago. But will go along for the major grocery shopping.

chris49
Posted
Posted

You did great going it alone, but that's above the farm price of 115/kg maximum. 190 government price in the market.  A system whereby the grower sells off a 100 kg pig for 16-17, 000, against the market price.

The local system is for the buyers to get about a one month credit before the grower calls in the money.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You did great going it alone,

:thumbsup: Well they owe me for a few things so if I got the same price as all the other Locals I am happy. These people work on Eat one sell one Basis or rather sell 2 but keep some to eat:) End of the month Bill time so needs must for them and at a Better price than the Shops etc, it seemed sense to me. + Chris, they have never worried me at all. Very Friendly neighbour hood. They knew from the Start way back in 2008, A good Friend, but Bad Enemy   :rolleyes:  post-2148-0-68545500-1446370005_thumb.jp :hystery:

Jack  :)

• Like 1