It's Not About The Bullet

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Curious to know who was behind the media and the intended audience would be.

I have some connected Filipinos friends who think this has more to do with upcoming elections than the will to stop the shakedowns.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have some connected Filipinos friends who think this has more to do with upcoming elections than the will to stop the shakedowns.

Oh! Really? and do they have any Concrete suggestions as We don't see to many from people on the ground, Just Media stuff..

Jack  :)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey there Jack. :attention:

I agree with the topic title. it's not about a bullet.

Both say the shake downs (more than just the bullet extort) are well known to many powerful folks in Manila. Nearly all of them have something to hide so one group are outing the activity that can hurt the other players the most. Few or none of those political clicks give a darn about anything but power and money. :unsure:

They also specifically said this was to hurt the ruling party suggesting not only that they were involved but also letting it go on during thier watch.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They also specifically said this was to hurt the ruling party suggesting not only that they were involved but also letting it go on during thier watch.

Usual Mud Slinging tactics that will lead to Nowhere. IMHO

Not wanting to Muddy this Topic with Political C...p but it will be someones elses' watch Next year and things won't Change, Will they?

Jack  :unsure:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh! Really? and do they have any Concrete suggestions as We don't see to many from people on the ground, Just Media stuff..

If this thread spirals downward into endless negativity, like the other one, I will ask that it be closed.  Please post negativity in the other thread.  As a reminder, we are not supposed to discuss politics.

My example was something positive.  Take it or leave it. 

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

I have something to share but I don't want to post in the bullet scam topic anymore.  That thread has gone downhill to the point of being unpleasant.  That is what can happen when one or two people filled with negativity take over a topic.  Nothing positive usually results.

No terrorists were observed at Clark.

Thank you Don for sharing another excellent boots on the ground report.  i would pay extra to be diverted to Clark.  I avoid Manila like the plague.  

But there is one thing I would like to introduce for the newly arrived expats.  I would open up a couple of baluts (not bullets) which may cause a mass stampede to get away from that awful smell.....he, he.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

If this thread spirals downward into endless negativity, like the other one, I will ask that it be closed.  Please post negativity in the other thread.  As a reminder, we are not supposed to discuss politics.

My example was something positive.  Take it or leave it. 

I will respect your suggestion. :thumbsup: Honestly did not post intending it to become a "Why I hate Philippines" because for good or bad I love the place and have many friends and family who mean the world to me. Truly! :tiphat:

Not to call you out but it is OK to post politics if it pertains to Philippines and is not done in a way to incite other forum members. 

Again I say this with respect in regards to you as well as your new topic.  :cheersty:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not wanting to Muddy this Topic with Political C...p but it will be someones elses' watch Next year and things won't Change, Will they?  

This my friend does not to me indicate a Spiraling down or a Political Bias viewpoint.  In fact I thought it was quite a Positive Note. Having said that,  I can't really see you having a Totally Positive Discussion on this Issue. The Very Nature of a Discussion is based on Opinions and Views and the answers it will Bring. Some Positive and some Negative.

* Take it or leave it.* I don't just Leave Topics I believe have a Future, If there is something to say or Answer, That's me but reading your Request, I would Agree it is No place for Politics But............. :thumbsup:

• Like 3