Recipe For Piccalilli Pickle

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I like mustard piccalilli but not the sweet one! Absolutely gorgeous with a nice strong cheddar, better than Branston in my opinion. I love corned beef too, with pickled beetroot it is a marriage made in heaven!

I also love marmite, not tried vegemite so cannot comment but I imagine they are fairly similar!

I have pickled beetroot as well

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the recipe..I got all that stuff in the cupboard..Still got a whole jar of Morrisons Piccallili from last years BB box but its a bit sweet for me.. Might mix some Colmans with it..Didn't know you could do that!

Talking about DIY stuff though..I`m fermenting Habanero and Carolina reaper peppers with Garlic,onions and a mango for proper hot sauce!! It`ll knock my socks off I reckon.

Edited by fred
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Argh! In simplistic terms, Marmite is a slightly lighter tasting product than Vegemite... Also a little thinner in consistency... Both are yeast based spreads and have been described as anything between "super thick and strong soya sauce" to "death"... As all my grandparents were of proper British stock, you can tell already where my loyalties lie... Peanut Butter! Put the dang yeast back into the vats to make beer!!!

:)

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

Ah peanut butter and marmite sarnies[emoji14]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ah peanut butter and marmite sarnies

post-2148-0-55999400-1447401230.gif Together? PNB & Jam yeah But......................

Jack :tiphat:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

attachicon.gifScratch head.gif Together? PNB & Jam yeah But......................

Chunky peanut butter with a salty yeast paste called Marmite should be regarded as a weapon of mass flatulence. Combine it with a couple of San Magoos and you have an accelerant for a rocket booster. Thanks for the tip guys! It's a sure fire way to get rid of unwanted visitors, like my mother in law......he, he.  

Beats my peanut butter and fish sauce sandwich!

Edited by Jake

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Ah peanut butter and marmite sarnies[emoji14]

I have a British friend that eats cucumber with marmite sandwiches (crusts cut off)..says it's addicting, but in the US, I'm not even sure if this is a popular mix just what he tells me.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Argh! In simplistic terms, Marmite is a slightly lighter tasting product than Vegemite... Also a little thinner in consistency... Both are yeast based spreads and have been described as anything between "super thick and strong soya sauce" to "death"... As all my grandparents were of proper British stock, you can tell already where my loyalties lie... Peanut Butter! Put the dang yeast back into the vats to make beer!!!

:)

Bob leave the marmite alone what has it done to you haha

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifScratch head.gif Together? PNB & Jam yeah But......................

Yup just made a peanut butter and marmite sandwich for lunch[emoji12] We regularly had it for tea with Sun Pat peanut butter that came with a layer of oil at the top of the jar.

Yup just made a peanut butter and marmite sandwich for lunch[emoji12] We regularly had it for tea with Sun Pat peanut butter that came with a layer of oil at the top of the jar.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I will pass on this one, if that's OK?

• Like 1