Slamming Doors( Is It Normal?)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

post-2148-0-57929400-1447725156.gif When I was in the UK like many of us I guess, I had Houses that absorbed a little more noise, Softer Plaster, Dry Lined walls etc and Wood floors.

Here of course many of us have Concrete houses and over the years I have come to notice that noise carries from just about everything. I can lay on my Bed and hear Azon in the Kitchen washing pots and things, Doors all closed. I can even hear the electronic ignition on the cooker, the TV and daughters Music I have got used to with not too much problem but it is the loud Door closing that gets me. maybe it was from living in Older type houses where doors needed to be Closed a little harder I don't know but there is no need now, The doors here are Solid on mahogany door frames and good door handles that close very nicely Yet, I seem to be the only one that can close ( Do close) doors softly and with out any noise or Vibration throughout the House.

I try and explain that if they are not careful the door handle is going to loosen and then not work but Do they listen NAH! It goes on and on for what seems forever at times. In and out of Rooms and bang, bang, bang. Also I don't think anyone realizes, that the Hinge pin also moves ( rises up) and makes the Door Drop and Starts to drag on the Floor and of course in time will go out of Shape and strain the hinges.

Seems that BER months are not just Xmas months but Whinge months as well. Looking at some of the recent Topics and posts there is a lot of moaning done and on this I guess more  to come,

IS it only me or has anyone else noticed, they ( our loved ones & helpers) Just either can't close a door or feel the need to Slam it shut?

Jack :unsure:

Morning All

• Like 3

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

It must be .. i hate how my car door gets slammed .. i guess they are used to vehicles with ill-fitting doors, or none at all .

• Like 4

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

A big NO in our family, my mom used to scold me whenever I slam the door or walk with loud footsteps inside the house. even older relatives hates it. they think its incosiderate, careless and uncouth.

My uncle( a former military ) used to hit me in the hands whenever I slam the door. not to eat like a pig (making sounds when eating). dropping a grain of rice from my plate... etc... punishment awaits for every mistake. :th_unfair:

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

It must be .. i hate how my car door gets slammed .. i guess they are used to vehicles with ill-fitting doors, or none at all .

Same here Gus, with the car doors, now when they get out I say to them just close them softly, honestly I don't think they even realise how hard they slam them shut, bad if you dropping them off and still in the car, ouch :1 (103):

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Replace the doors with bits of fringe attachicon.gifFringe door.png and dare them to slam that!

What! and leave me nothing to moan at  :hystery:  A man needs,  to be needed sometimes :)

Jack :lol:

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

My wife has no strength. It is not that infrequent that she tries to close the door and fails at first try.

• Like 3

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

What! and leave me nothing to moan at :hystery:

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/529252220081303554

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

They make small rubber and fiber self adhesive floor protectors or bumpers as I call the ones you can use to deaden sound .... here is a couple of pictures .... just trim them to size and put them on the door jam .... works wonders .... they come in all different sizes which you can trim to the size you want ..... 

post-11-0-77420800-1447761792_thumb.jpg   post-11-0-77750500-1447761819_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

davewe
Posted
Posted

Perhaps some of us need to turn our hearing aids down :)

• Like 1