Slamming Doors( Is It Normal?)

RBM
Posted
Posted

They make small rubber and fiber self adhesive floor protectors or bumpers as I call the ones you can use to deaden sound .... here is a couple of pictures .... just trim them to size and put them on the door jam .... works wonders .... they come in all different sizes which you can trim to the size you want ..... 

attachicon.gifimages.duckduckgo.com.jpg   attachicon.gifindex.jpg

Have seen these in hardware stores and wondered what they were for.

Guess after your reply Mike we will get the sorry sir out of stock

Better be quick........

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Apparently, When my Wife went to the last PTA meeting at  the School, the Head Teacher brought this very subject up, asking if the children slammed doors at home. Of course our Children don't. Do they? 

TM's Cousin told her Mother (my SIL) They can now get Detention  for repeated offences, so it is not as if they are not aware of these things but......................... :unsure:

Jack :)

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Here of course many of us have Concrete houses and over the years I have come to notice that noise carries from just about everything.
Yes, concrete forward some types of sounds to good specialy bumping something conected to the concrete.

An other reason many Philippine houses are extra loud is it's common they don't build sound reducing CEILINGS. That can make even a whisper be heared from one to the other side of the house in worst case.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

They are just noisy people.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There are things you can do to help deaden the sound. Carpets or rugs on the floor. Heavy soft curtains on the windows. As Thomas mentioned a ceiling with sound deadening tiles. Maybe some patterned decorative quilt on the wall.

• Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted

Replace the doors with bits of fringe attachicon.gifFringe door.png and dare them to slam that!

:th_goodidea:

:mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Easy Answer (If i could get away with it) post-2148-0-52812900-1447990056_thumb.jp post-2148-0-46597000-1447990105_thumb.jp one Daughter, & Big Brute both House trained except slamming Doors & Big Poops.

Kidding, Kidding  luv her to bits really  :) Both of them.

Jack  :hystery:

• Like 2