Our Trip To Mama Mary Simala Sibonga Cebu Yesterday.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was very impressed by this place and we had a good time

Thanks K

You have raised it up on my list of places to visit.  Would a non-catholic feel welcome there?

I don`t know as I`m catholic but I would guess so, there is nobody asking faiths at the place.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Good pic's SJ, we are going to Oslob early next year, will have a look at this place on the way home :tiphat:

let me know when you go to Oslob might be around for a meet up with you.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Good pic's SJ, we are going to Oslob early next year, will have a look at this place on the way home :tiphat:

We are going in Jan around the 11th, my daughter and partner are visiting from Aus, we plan to stay overnight in Oslob, all up there will be 8 adults, would be great to have a few SML's and shoot the breeze. :cheers:

RBM
Posted
Posted

I was very impressed by this place and we had a good time

Thanks K

You have raised it up on my list of places to visit.  Would a non-catholic feel welcome there?

Absolutely welcome, we spent few hours there last year, very interesting place. Some quite remarkable items to view, grounds also nice and shady. Definitely worth a visit preferably during the week.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We are going in Jan around the 11th, my daughter and partner are visiting from Aus, we plan to stay overnight in Oslob, all up there will be 8 adults, would be great to have a few SML's and shoot the breeze. :cheers:

I leave the phills on the 14th jan so I should be able to make it

putidako
Posted
Posted

Like most tourist sites best visited in the week and avoid especially on Sundays. If you're coming up from Oslob you might as well stop off at Argao church as well, although it is nowhere near as large-scale as Simala and not as important religiously, it is of more historical interest and well-set in pleasant grounds next to the sea. Argao was the most important town for the Spanish on the island after Cebu.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great Place to visit.

It was on our list last trip. The inner Church (Old Part) was beautifully decorated, but the rest was a bit like Disneyland.

Please note not a place for people with climbing disabilities, lots of steps.

But a wonderful experience none the less....JB

(The usual spelling correction)

Edited by Kuya John

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
You have raised it up on my list of places to visit. Would a non-catholic feel welcome there?

Everyone is welcome Dave, even lost sheep :welcome-19:

Well worth the trip regards JB

• Like 2