When Do You Understand

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think it is these kind of people which make some expats(me sometimes) reluctant to help other people

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You know I often sit and wonder, if these people Actually will Ever Understand that today's Attitude will be Tomorrows Results!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I didn`t want ti hijack Steves post so here I go.

Before when I came out of the gym I used to go to a local eatery. I would have green beans and pancit with tropicana as a drink. I got talking to a young lady there and she said to me she is the breadwinner in her family of 1 baby plus herself and husband. I asked your husband no work  oh no he cannot find.Tonight I am in the local bar and the girl/young woman there told me the same thing.Lazy gits they can hire a bicycle taxi and earn some money from that as you don`t need qualifications for that.Why should we help people who are lazy?I for one will not I worked hard for what I have and will not give it away to a lazy a hole. 

Yes.

Some of my Filipina friends, got fed up with it and kicked out the father of their kids, so they got one less to feed...

In my experience in Philippines those men who cannot find suitable employment tend to be the house husband who takes care of the family while the wife/ partner goes out to work
That's fine if the men REALY do the household work and take care of the kids

BUT many men are just lazy and let grandma or some other female do all work...

Classic Example of the sometimes Mothered Son who see a pampered life as his right
Yes. My marriage will get problem if she will want to treat son much better than daughter. Maný families spoil their sons and push their daughters hard.

One of the Filipinas I know is from a family, who seem to have LESS such difference than others (the brothers work but not as hard as she). She has done much more than the brothers to support the family e g she has been OFW sending "all" to her family. But now she is close to 30 and said it's time to think some of herself too...

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think it is these kind of people which make some expats(me sometimes) reluctant to help other people

Yes.

But on the other hand bad behaving men make it much easier for us to be found good in comparing   :lol:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 2

Spectre13
Posted
Posted

We have an older cousin like that! His wife left him and he uses it as an excuse to do nothing. On the other hand, we have a young cousin who is an opportunist. This kid is 16 and ALWAYS looks for a way to make money. Whenever it floods in his bgy, he gets his dad's boat to use as a water taxi. He also collects plastic and cardboard. He has NEVER asked me for anything! In return, I paid for him to finish school.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have an older cousin like that! His wife left him and he uses it as an excuse to do nothing. On the other hand, we have a young cousin who is an opportunist. This kid is 16 and ALWAYS looks for a way to make money. Whenever it floods in his bgy, he gets his dad's boat to use as a water taxi. He also collects plastic and cardboard. He has NEVER asked me for anything! In return, I paid for him to finish school.

:thumbsup:  Nice to hear but so few and Far between for the opportunist Cousin but so regular for Mr Lazy. Well done that Lad :)

Nice touch on the school issue, hope he Remembers this, as many don't.

Jack

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes.

But on the other hand bad behaving men make it much easier for us to be found good in comparing   :lol:

I know and agree with what you`re saying Thomas but I would prefer not to be compared with a lot of the people here or in the UK. I like to think that being compassionate is not a sign of weakness and if I am compassionate to somebody a simple thanks will do for me. 

People who sit on their azzes all day and moan that they have no money make me angry.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes.

I know and agree with what you`re saying Thomas but I would prefer not to be compared with a lot of the people here or in the UK. I like to think that being compassionate is not a sign of weakness and if I am compassionate to somebody a simple thanks will do for me. 

People who sit on their azzes all day and moan that they have no money make me angry.

How do you avoid people compare you with people???  :)

I don't bother about the lazy ones, except when they live together with and make it harder for them who try.

There are very good Filipino men too. For instance a poor Filipino WITHOUT kids married a poor Widow with SIX kids many years ago (and got one child together.)  Perhaps I will marry his youngest stepdaughter   :)

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yes.

How do you avoid people compare you with people???  :)

I don't bother about the lazy ones, except when they live together with and make it harder for them who try.

There are very good Filipino men too. For instance a poor Filipino WITHOUT kids married a poor Widow with SIX kids many years ago (and got one child together.)  Perhaps I will marry his youngest stepdaughter   :)

Thomas I cannot avoid to be compared with other people but I just would prefer not to be which is maybe 1 wish too much.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas I cannot avoid to be compared with other people but I just would prefer not to be which is maybe 1 wish too much.
I like to be prepared with BAD people :lol: