Grattitude Or To Be More Accurate Lack Of It

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine a few weeks ago had his wallet stolen from the bar he was in. It was stolen by the street kids which are around here. Now it was his fault for leaving it on the bar but they(the street kids) should know which side their bread is buttered. This man is part of  a coalition here who help the poor here and these street kids where fed each day by one member or another. The coalition also 1 time a month went to a local school and gave out food and book,pens etc. Well now the street kids don`t get fed and do they seem to care ....no.

The schools still get there equipment etc but these street kids have as we say cooked their own goose.

I would like to think that some of these people would learn not to bite the hand that feeds them but I don`t think that will happen in my lifetime.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Street kids have no education so I guess they learn while on the job. Maybe when they're older and more wiser they might understand? 

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I suppose it`s a human trait that we don`t always learn from our mistakes before.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Puts a whole new meaning to "live for the moment"

As the old saying goes:

"Yes, but what have you done for me lately?"

Here at times it seems, unless a person is family, or a close friend the saying changes to:

"Yes, but what have you done for me in the last hour?"

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Street children take what they can get, when they can get it. When your time horizon is one day at a time there's little benefit in anticipating a future good. I also think you're granting them more wisdom than they actually have in being able to comprehend/understand the forgo now/benefit later equation.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When your time horizon is one day at a time there's little benefit in anticipating a future good.

Agreed but isn't strange that they can think beyond Today when the seasons come a long. ( take Xmas for Instance) The urchins around us are saying Oh! we will save the money from Carol Singing to buy Fireworks for New Year ( which we know will be let off as soon as they buy them) So some can think beyond Today, it is the Today's Thieving they like to Forget. 

JMHO

Jack :unsure:

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted

yes what the street kids did is wrong, do they know stealing is wrong probably,

should they be taught a lesson if caught, for sure, will it change anything probably not. Should the gentleman in  question here let this interfere in the good he does here. NO  

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well these kids were being fed for a few years and they got flip flops clothes etc and they knew who was involved in that and I would think that they would have taken care of the gravy train. Still maybe I am expecting too much.

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I was in a taxi in Manila yesterday, a street girl about 7 or8 came by when we were stopped in traffic selling the national flower( usually 20 peso) It is 12:30 am. I do not want or need a flower so I roll down my window and give 10 peso, she smiles says salamat and goes on here way. A little while later we are now in Mandanglong again stuck in traffic A young girl very very cute maybe 16;17come up to my taxi carring a baby one of the drugged up babies they carry around for pity to get cash. I absolutly refuse to give her anything she finnaly gives me the bird and leaves. the Philippines is the Philippines and I love this country if you can do some good do it . Never let anyone or anything harden your heart from helping those less fortunet you may never see the good you do but it is there

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I was in a taxi in Manila yesterday, a street girl about 7 or8 came by when we were stopped in traffic selling the national flower( usually 20 peso) It is 12:30 am. I do not want or need a flower so I roll down my window and give 10 peso, she smiles says salamat and goes on here way. A little while later we are now in Mandanglong again stuck in traffic A young girl very very cute maybe 16;17come up to my taxi carring a baby one of the drugged up babies they carry around for pity to get cash. I absolutly refuse to give her anything she finnaly gives me the bird and leaves. the Philippines is the Philippines and I love this country if you can do some good do it . Never let anyone or anything harden your heart from helping those less fortunet you may never see the good you do but it is there

We do still help people but are more choosy (if that`s the right word) who we help.

• Like 3