Expats Do You Think Some Filipinos Are Noisy? Well Some Practice At It!

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

I have  lived in many countries all around the world,but without a doubt the Philippines has to be the noisiest country ever. :1 (103): 

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

One very calm and quiet night my wife and I were stargazing (here in the mid west)...I told her to listen carefully to that sound...she said is that a train in the far distance...I said maybe or it might be the Philippines-not sure....

Speaking of noise, are there any local public alarm clocks out there in your areas waking anyone up for the annual Mesa de Gallo?

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am either the luckiest sumbich here or the deafest.  I have not had a major problem with filipinos making noise in all the time I have been here.

Minor annoyances from time to time, yes, but I find the average filipino to be quieter than me.  Oh well.  JMHO

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Now is it just my wife, her relatives and our neighbors?

Two of my wife's sister-in-laws and a nephew are deaf (or at least have major hearing problems) and they all are in their early 40s.

Yup after many off an on years of living here I have to work it out. Take yesterday for instance the TV on our boat was showing a video. Yup that's fine, how ever it was cranked up full blast and distorted, impossible to understand. Rather than turn it down the people prefer it this way.

Much appreciated if some member can advise me (yes I know it's a forbidden word ) but WHY WHY WHY.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

post-285-0-92078400-1450502078_thumb.jpg

Going mobile

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

post-285-0-30419900-1450502232_thumb.jpg

This is the all time loudest as awarded Iloilo sound system loudspeaker contest.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Now is it just my wife, her relatives and our neighbors?

Two of my wife's sister-in-laws and a nephew are deaf (or at least have major hearing problems) and they all are in their early 40s.

Yup after many off an on years of living here I have to work it out. Take yesterday for instance the TV on our boat was showing a video. Yup that's fine, how ever it was cranked up full blast and distorted, impossible to understand. Rather than turn it down the people prefer it this way.

Much appreciated if some member can advise me (yes I know it's a forbidden word ) but WHY WHY WHY.

You got me thinking deep RBM.  As a Filipino, I really can't understand why either.  Perhaps, this topic can go on to research that WHY question. Is it early childhood upbringing, watching and listening to their adult family members cranking the speaker at max volume and often times, well past midnight?  Like learning 2+2=22.....Is it a macho thing, strutting around like a king rooster with a new sound system that just arrived from overseas?  It's not saving face but perhaps, you could call it, bling-bling face -- I got 10K watts versa your 5k watt.  And everyone, even as far as Kansas will feel my sub woofers.  I love showing off my bling-bling, especially to the rich kanos!  

Now, take that same thought process described above and apply those characteristics when a Filipino is behind the wheel.  Do you see some similarities?  

Regarding childhood upbringing, I think that's the primary cause and effect period.  Learning things like public social grace was never introduced until they actually experienced the western culture later in their life.  Like me for example.  Born in Olongapo but immigrated to San Diego, CA at age 6.

Yeah, I'm all cornfused about the best and worst of two different culture.  Thank you guys for straightening me out from time to time.  Respectfully -- Jake

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifDuenasBattle4.jpg

This is the all time loudest as awarded Iloilo sound system loudspeaker contest.

Can you speak up please Old, for the benefit of those of us the Back  :thumbsup:

Jack  :)

Afternoon all, (Late Start, not been well in the Night.) :morning1:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Say what Jack?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Say what Jack?

I said Speak up man  post-2148-0-45145400-1450506000_thumb.jp Pretty Please Old  :) 

Jack :28:

• Like 2