Expat Wars Move To Youtube

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't normally laugh at something like this but as youtube is seemingly taking over from things like forums these days I had to have a chuckle at this. A long time ago there were expat wars on forums but youtube is the new frontier. 

OK; two sides to the story but expats and their wives scamming other expats is one of the new scams out there.

Short story some know it, a brit moves to the Phils on low budget and makes a youtube channel to document it all. Meets expat and wife who also have youtube channel.Friendship is formed but later expat and wife ask for money for special purpose. Brit announces on his channel a project that he gave all his money too, about P240k but will not say what. Most think he is mad and supporting Filipina but turns out it's for the other expats wife and in a way correct as supporting Filipina and another expat.

Things turn sour, allegations, gossip the works.

Brit makes video to expose the scammers which is his side of the story but audio at the end of the long video just about sums it up.

post-1-0-91485000-1450702061_thumb.jpg

Long video but listen to audio at end.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Lol-it uses to be a few peaceful expats sharing their life on the farm-or life in Manila-not much more. Soon after others like Henry came along-and this character-Peter Vandever who trashes this guy constantly (both in the Philippines). Ricky trashing Pop Z for his over stay and vice versa, hood winked trashing all of them-seems like these guys have turned their vlogs into a real life tele novela series.

Oh the drama of it all!

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

The Jerry Springer effect.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I tried to watch the video from this guy but fell asleep.

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

what a nasty piece of work he seems to trash every thing about the Phillpines !

why the hell did he come here then ?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmmmm A question we can ask of many my Friend.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

There are some odd ones in the YouTube community... someone, in the last few days, has been making fake Henry profiles and trolling sites... Some people really need to get a life ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Where did you get that from? I haven't seen that many videos from the person in the video in the first post but I don't think he trashes the Philippines at all? He is talking about his former friends. Now if you were talking about Peter Nutcase then that would be different.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
There are some odd ones in the YouTube community..

Sure is, that hoodwink rabbi guy is an embarrassment to other expats or foreigners in general. One video I watched last night he said there are no mosquitoes in the Philippines  :sign0095:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
One video I watched last night he said there are no mosquitoes in the Philippines 

There may be something to that if you spend all your time on the beach.  I find very, very few mosquitoes in areas where there is a strong salt air.  Or maybe they just don't breed in salinated water.  Couldn't say.